Board To Death TV
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: Once I assign a mechanic to a car, does she stay attached for the whole game?
A: No, only for that race. At the clean up phase she is removed from the car and you can use her on another car in a different race. See Round summary in back of rulebook.

------------------
Q: What happend is a car is unlucky and doesn't move the entire race?
A: They get the last prize available. (Considered a foul start). Tip: Upgrade a stat you do not have, so this does not happen to you.

------------------
Q: Can you upgrade a Car that is qualifying?
A: YES, just like in real life, qualifying is when you are testing your car and the track and have access to pit lanes to change and modify your car. However, you can make a house rule where you Can't upgrade your car once it is qualifying, which can make the qualify action more strategic.

-------------------
Q: If you get a police card in a race wherein you can choose to discard an upgrade or pay the bill, are you allowed to choose the upgrade while using a car that has no upgrades attached to them?
A: NO, they MUST pay the fine using their winnings if they have no parts installed on the car.

-------------------
Q: If the race is qualified at A for instance, why can you not qualify using a lower class car? of course you will surely lose but you can still compete for silver or bronze when using a fully upgraded B car, in this way the players left behind are not forced into investing in new cars instead of upgrades?
A: Because you can just simply upgrade a D class car to Maximum and still beat C and even B cars. We tested it, and some players simply upgraded lower class cars to compete with higher class cars. Was kind of unfair and did not give incentive to buy a next class car.

-------------------
Q: Are you allowed to buy more of the same class cars? if yes what to do with players buying more of the same class cars, thus blocking the possibility for other player to upgrade.
A: This is a racing game, so it is also a RACE to buy cars, don't lag behind and keep the pace going for that final A class race. If you allow another player to buy 2 B class cars while you still don't have one, then you're doing something wrong lol. Selling cars can be a very good help in getting the next class car.

-------------------
Q: Can we make the Championship round Optional?
A: Yes you can, but you remove the racing aspect of getting the A class car before other players. If the championship round will not change who is winning, you can skip it, but some gamer groups, like my own, like to see who comes in second, third, fourth, etc... Also some keep track of points if running a Board game league. You can also make a house rule where ANY CLASS car is allowed in the final Championship race!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Someone
msg tools
Questions in regards to location cards.

Q1: Early in the game (D class) we play through both location cards and still don't have a winner quite often. What is protocol here?

Q2: Several of our players concentrate heavily on one or two stats (i.e. level 5/6 top speed on a D class car, or 3 handling and 3 brake). This is allowing them to reach the finish line on the first location card. The other racers usually need the second location card to finish. Which card's Payouts and penalties do you use in this instance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HewhoiscalledIam wrote:

Q1: Early in the game (D class) we play through both location cards and still don't have a winner quite often. What is protocol here?

Q2: Several of our players concentrate heavily on one or two stats (i.e. level 5/6 top speed on a D class car, or 3 handling and 3 brake). This is allowing them to reach the finish line on the first location card. The other racers usually need the second location card to finish. Which card's Payouts and penalties do you use in this instance?

Q1. The rule book states that if there is no winner after the second location card, the players "do a lap" and continue the race by repeating the locations. If a player wins in the second lap while on location 1, the reward is still that of location 2.

Q2. The answer to the second part of question 2 is, you always, always use the payout/penalty of location card 2. That's part of the fun of being the one who picks location 2 before the race.
As for the first part of the question, we also found this and simply house-ruled it and put the finish line one step further. So, a D class race would finish on the class C finish line, for example. We prefer longer races anyway as we find them quite exciting (especially with the "hidden under the hood" variation).

One house rule we have made is that every player gets the same number of turns in a race. So, if player 1 hits the finish line first, the other players still get a turn. Then the winner is not the person who hit the finish line first (as player 1 will always have that advantage), but the person who overshoots the finish line the furthest.
I understand that the point of the Qualifying is to begin the race in pole position if you qualify before the others, but we play with the house rule at the moment. Normally, with street racing, you don't really have a qualifying stage and cars all begin more or less in the same position.

Anyway, I hope that helps a little
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While racing in a group D, one of the players was unfortunate enough to draw location cards that did not match any of his stats - resulting in his car not moving at all. If his car had moved, he would have eventually finished fifth. In this case we still awarded the player a ribbon, but what would normally happen in this situation? Does a non-finisher still reap any rewards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donkeybandit wrote:
While racing in a group D, one of the players was unfortunate enough to draw location cards that did not match any of his stats - resulting in his car not moving at all. If his car had moved, he would have eventually finished fifth. In this case we still awarded the player a ribbon, but what would normally happen in this situation? Does a non-finisher still reap any rewards?

This doesn't answer your question at all, sorry, but it reminds me of a little house rule we are using for our games. As an action, once per round, a player can discard his 3 location cards and draw 3 new ones. This may help to avoid situations like the one you mention.

I would personally give a ribbon to a player who doesn't move at all in a race. It is just sad otherwise

Good question though and I'm keen to see what Board to Death says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Caltabiano
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
donkeybandit wrote:

Anybody that QUALIFIED (ie is in the race) gets a minimum of a ribbon. If you haven't qualified (brought cars to car show instead or no car of the Class Event chosen)you do not get anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board To Death TV
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
HewhoiscalledIam wrote:

Hey!

Q1: You restart at the first card, as if doing laps.

Q2: Use the second card prizes (Look at the stats of other players when playing a location card, and try to avoid placing a locations with those stats, or a cop is always fun

Let me know if this works for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board To Death TV
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
donkeybandit wrote:

Yes, he still gets the "showing up" prize, we think of this as being unlucky and doing a "foul" start at the grid but they can still catch up and win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board To Death TV
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorado69 wrote:
donkeybandit wrote:

This doesn't answer your question at all, sorry, but it reminds me of a little house rule we are using for our games. As an action, once per round, a player can discard his 3 location cards and draw 3 new ones. This may help to avoid situations like the one you mention.

I would personally give a ribbon to a player who doesn't move at all in a race. It is just sad otherwise

Good question though and I'm keen to see what Board to Death says.

Love this!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Lalongé
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello! A friend of mine gave me the game. Someone you know.
I played it only once yet (three players), but more to come.
It was fun but I have a few questions not already answered here.

1) Money: are we limited to 19k? Can you keep more money than what is on the player’s board?

2) Elite crew member: Suppose I have a car with a stat to zero. Is it legal to use an Elite and select the side that would reduce that "already at zero" stat by one?

3) Crew members: They are very strong/useful compared with upgrades! On top of that, if I am not mistaken, someone could have 4 regular crew members (each of a different artwork) plus one Elite crew member. Five wonderful ladies that can be applied to any of your cars! How can you beat a player who was lucky enough to buy them all?

4) NOS: What does "NOS" stands for?

5) NOS: When you buy a NOS, do you need to attach it to a car immediately or you can choose later?

6) NOS: We saw that NOS card are of different colors. Is it simply for the look of the game? OR does it mean that a specific NOS card may only be played when your car moved with THAT corresponding stat?

7) Car Show: How does it work? Limited to one car per Car Show per action? Or can I send in the same action all my cars to a Car Show?

8) Trophies and ribbons: The two for one rule, does it also apply to ribbons? Two ribbons for one Bronze Trophy?

9) The looser: Past mid-game, we realised there was no way the guy with the least Trophies could get back into the game. Have you thought of any compensating mechanism other than the police and the red X? We have some ideas but would be glad to read yours.

Thank you for your time and your game!
See you at the FJL4 this weekend?

Aranas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Caltabiano
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Aranas wrote:
Hello! A friend of mine gave me the game. Someone you know.
I played it only once yet (three players), but more to come.
It was fun but I have a few questions not already answered here.

1) Money: are we limited to 19k? Can you keep more money than what is on the player’s board?

NO, maximum is 19K.

2) Elite crew member: Suppose I have a car with a stat to zero. Is it legal to use an Elite and select the side that would reduce that "already at zero" stat by one?

The stat simply stays a 0. They are very good cards, but rare!

3) Crew members: They are very strong/useful compared with upgrades! On top of that, if I am not mistaken, someone could have 4 regular crew members (each of a different artwork) plus one Elite crew member. Five wonderful ladies that can be applied to any of your cars! How can you beat a player who was lucky enough to buy them all?

Luck should not come into play, since this is your first game, maybe it happened, but next time you play, do not allow a player to buy all the Mechanics, you MUST also watch other players in Street Kings.

4) NOS: What does "NOS" stands for?
Nitrious-Oxide System

5) NOS: When you buy a NOS, do you need to attach it to a car immediately or you can choose later?

Right away, custom made for that car.

6) NOS: We saw that NOS card are of different colors. Is it simply for the look of the game? OR does it mean that a specific NOS card may only be played when your car moved with THAT corresponding stat?

Look of the game

7) Car Show: How does it work? Limited to one car per Car Show per action? Or can I send in the same action all my cars to a Car Show?

1 car Per show, per action. You can have 2 cars in two different car shows in one ROUND though. Taking the action twice in that round.

8) Trophies and ribbons: The two for one rule, does it also apply to ribbons? Two ribbons for one Bronze Trophy?

Yup

9) The looser: Past mid-game, we realised there was no way the guy with the least Trophies could get back into the game. Have you thought of any compensating mechanism other than the police and the red X? We have some ideas but would be glad to read yours.

After a few games, you will see the strategy and blocking needed to keep the winner in line. Give it a few more games and you will all become Street Kings.

Thank you for your time and your game!
See you at the FJL4 this weekend?

Aranas

Hope that helps, let us know your ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Lalongé
Canada
Boucherville
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.