Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does an air unit (or air units) with Strategic Bombing fly to an enemy capital and roll a die for each combat value and destroy a factory for each one rolled? That is my understanding of 12.62. Is it really that easy and risk free?

Please let me know how Strategic Bombing works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly not easy and not risk free. First, you need to research the tech. Then, you need planes in range of a capital. Said capital will most likely be heavily defended so as your planes focus on trying to bombard the industry, they will be fought back by whatever is sitting in the capital and can hit air units. Enemy planes are especially hurtful, as they hit other planes on a 3 or less (And they will fire first unless this is the turn on which you declared war).

So, a viable strategy if you're playing the long game I guess, but certainly not overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So your opinion is that strategic bombing is treated as a Raid Battle, 12.63. If that is correct then all defending units that can fire at air units will fire at the strategic bombers. Do the strategic bombers get to fire at the capital defenders and make a bombing attack also? I don't see this in the rules and is type of clarification I am searching for in the rules and not finding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
The way to see it is that when you have the tech, Industry becomes a new viable "Hit on a 1" target. So instead of targeting planes, boats, infantry, etc., you target the Industry. Nothing changes otherwise, that's why the rules paragraph is so short I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Craig Besinque,

Could you please weigh in on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools

I am not Craig but Marco is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am Craig and Marco is right

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to all of you. We were playing it wrong and now we know how to play it correctly. You can't beat the support available here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.