Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy H
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just received this game today in the mail. Set it up to do a trial run as I'm likely going to be playing it this weekend. I have some questions about the rule book and game play. Mostly about the buildings...

1. Completing buildings. So say on my turn I play a building. It goes sideways "in construction" I get the dice points but not the text effect.

My next turn the building finishes construction. Can I then use its action or does the given faction score have to be at the building card value to trigger it's action. (ex: villages trigger is a legion value of 4. If I completed construction on village but my legion score is only 1 can I use it's action or no.?)

Another building question. For minister of coin his one power is "first building auto triggers" does this mean my first building played is automatically completed or what?

And finally if I play a building and the faction die is 0 the text "auto triggers" what occurs then? As the building isn't complete so can it's text trigger or not? And does faction score play a role in the building triggering?

I've read the rulebook a couple times. And am not seeing anything too specific. Help appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trigger is only when you play the building. Once you have completed the building you can always use it's action, regardless of whether or not you can trigger it.

The first building that the Minister of Coin plays automatically gets triggered which means it starts construction. It doesn't matter if the Minister of Coin has the required trigger level or if he plays on a 3. He gets the building regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy H
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm not allowed to play a building I don't have the appropriate trigger level for? Is that correct? (disregarding the minister of coins power)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always play any card.

If you do not meet the trigger level, you only get the dice effect and ignore the text. Just move up 1, 2 or 3 levels and discard the card.

If you do trigger the building (by having a high enough level OR by playing it on a zero/blank die) then it goes under construction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy H
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah got ya. I felt playing buildings was special (beyond the action abilities they have and the score they add at games end.)

Final question and then I think I got this. ALL text below a cards. Trigger value is considered to only take effect of the trigger value is met? Using 'brew master' as an example it's got a trigger value of 2 peasant.

Its text is "gain 3 influence points.

Discard 2 random treason cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. If you meet the trigger you get all of the text on the card. One exception is there are a couple of cards that say [OR] on them. Those you have to choose one of the options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.