Subject: My Semi-Automated Settlement/Survivor Google Sheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Minh Nguyen
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/119J2GO_fLUgSd5-Cyc1e...

I originally made this post on reddit, but figured you guys might like this as well. I had tons of great feedback and additions made to it since I first introduced it.

Warning: I haven't officially tested this version in game play, so there may be some issues, please let me know if you find any.

How to use:
- File -> Make a copy
- For boxes, use a lowercase x to fill it in.
- Areas that have a zero (except the main stat box and resource calc) should be filled in with numbers.

Features:
- Settlement Resource caculator
- Innovation Tree
- Settlement sheet is reordered based on settlement phases.
- Stat modifier calculator (Temp, Gear, Permanent and Severe Injuries)
- Automates permanent severe injuries and lets you know what you can't do anymore or any penalties. E.g. Fighting Arts will be crossed out, negative stats, etc..
- Drop down menu for Fighting Arts and Disorders, including description of the items.
- Gear Rules for faster reference.
- Character bio
- Character images (must set sex and pic #)

Updates
8/31
I hate updating a just released doc, but given some minor finds, I've updated the document with some easy fixes and additions. Biggest addition is including XP and Insanity of the survivor in the Population Census. It was a minor detail that I felt needed to be added to the population census.

Then I realized, why not stats and injuries, but instead of going too crazy with it, I updated my dev version.. you can view/copy here. Please note that if you want to use the dev version, I'm constantly updating it and it doesn't have all 50 character sheets duplicated (there's a script that you can run to do this: Tools -> Script Editor, be sure to have Survivor Template selected).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dZndBTMl3Ah10P_XC4J6...

--
8/30
- Automation of Population Census, Death Count Updates, Survival actions tracking, Innovation Deck Tracking, First Death, 5 Innovation milestone. Skip Year # for easier tracking (Special thanks to /u/kalazor for doing all this)

- Added all 50 Character Sheets. They should not be renamed, as that will cause the automation to stop working.

- Added expansion Innovations, Settlement Locations, Disorders, Fighting Arts and Resources Big thanks to /u/mersian for typing out all this content.

- Only included Innovations that applied to the core campaign, as it dawned on me that I will have to create separate docs for each campaign (working on People of the Sun campaign as we speak).

- Changed "Campaign Timelines" to "Expansions" that show all the expansion Story Events and the corresponding monster.

- Updated the Resource Calculator to count total possible resources of a specific type and then had a total count for physical resources.

- Added an Innovation counter.

Notes & Issues:

- Some of the expansion fighting arts requires colored affinity text, unfortunately, it does not translate through a VLOOKUP. If anyone knows a way to fix this. I'm all ears. E.g. Check out "Acanthus Doctor"

- Necromancer secret fighting art turns the "Survival Limits & Opportunities" into the Worm Trauma Table needed for it.

- Removed hidden Timeline Events.

- I'm not 100% sure on the Innovations that can be used in the Core set from the expansions, so if you see any that need to be added/removed please let me know.

- Clan of Death: couldn't figure out a way to automate the character sheets for new survivors. Since only new born survivors get the benefit and any pre-existing ones are SOL. My best guess would be to create a script that updated the un-named character sheets once the x was pressed for the innovation. Any ideas?

- Would like to add an abilities/impairments list that you gain from story events and what not. If anyone would like to help out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qym6x1xDILpx-3yLGqLD...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Wendling
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, I've been toying with some of these and I love pretty much everything about this document. It's intuitive, informative, and really well organized. One question I have is what is the "Pic" dropdown next to the Sex dropdown on the character sheets?

Just figured it out, it rotates different character avatar pictures after you've selected a gender. Cool little details like that are very fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dyllan Capeles
United States
New York
flag msg tools
This is great! One suggestion: I added a simple page before all the character sheets to list their name and number for easy searching.

edit: Didn't see the "Population Census" so, my addition was pointless lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really good. Haven't looked too closely yet, but I did catch a typo in "Lantern Year Extinguished". Extinguished is misspelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! This is looking really good!
Downloaded a copy and will use it on my next play session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Downloaded a copy and played around with it.

Overall, it's really really well made! Bravo!

Only upgrade I could think of at the moment is an expansion selector that updates the timeline.

So, if I tick a box that says "Core" it's just the PotL timeline.
If I tick a box that says Dragon King Campaign, the timeline changes to PotS.
If I tick a box that says Dragon King Quarry Expansion, the Dragon King gets added in the PotL timeline and quarry list.

It's a minor thing that can be worked around by copy-pasting stuff from the list at the very bottom.
Just something that's nice to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.