Subject: Rule clarification please... ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Low
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What constitutes a turn? Is a turn a "round?" Or... is a turn each individual players individual turn?

I'm particularly confused in regards to The Abyss. Let's say, for instance, in a 3-player game:

I'm player 1 - I'm The Abyss. I play my hand, deal out attacks, buy cards, then shuffle and draw back up to full.

Player 2 attacks me. I discard a card to use my special power, copy a card, and block the damage. Player 2 has no more attack cards, so they buy a card... shuffle, and draw up.

Player 3's turn. They attack me. Can I use my special power again to discard and block? Or is this all part of the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarity Burt
msg tools
So most things that you can only use once per round specifically say that they work only on your turn. In the case of the Abyss, Helios, and generating willpower tokens on Moxie (but not using them) you can do all these on your opponent's turns as long as you follow the other stipulations. So Abyss can block the first attack of each person. So can the Conservater now that I think of it. Helios can get one of his relics or whatever they're called on every turn as long as he has erased n>0 cards each turn and has unplayed relics. Moxie can generate willpower with counter tactics and use them when her turn comes around.

The difference between a turn and "your turn" makes dodge and similar cards strange because instead of dodging attacks you are actually dodging the counter tactics if it gets used against you.

Edit: A turn as stated in the book is each person's turn. No effect in the game extends from one turn into the next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wang
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
J Low,

Miss Clarity's response is correct.

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.