Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For the reprint of Asking for Trobils, we've decided to change how the Sheriff and the Bounty Hunter cards work. The original cards looked like this:

And these are the new reprint cards:

Sheriffs: The difference here is, when you use a Sheriff to discard a Pirate, you now collect the resources on that Pirate.

Bounty Hunters: Bounty Hunters work completely different now. Before they were dependent on situations where Pirates were available. Now they can be used to clear off any RiffRaff Stand on the board.

We would love to hear your thoughts on these changes, especially if you decide to play your current version with these changes in mind and let us know how the game went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this.

Love that the Sheriff gets to keep the resources.
He was a bit weak before.

Seems to me the Bounty Hunter would pinch a little bit of the goods from the riffraff before discarding them, wouldn't he? devil

Will try this out next time we play and report back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool ideas, Will have to try.

If you go ahead with them, can we maybe pick up the new bits from say, the BGG store?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
Love this.

Love that the Sheriff gets to keep the resources.
He was a bit weak before.

Seems to me the Bounty Hunter would pinch a little bit of the goods from the riffraff before discarding them, wouldn't he? devil

Will try this out next time we play and report back.

Thanks Susan! Can't wait to hear back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cwhitpan wrote:
Cool ideas, Will have to try.

If you go ahead with them, can we maybe pick up the new bits from say, the BGG store?

Cheers!

We haven't figured out if and how to give the original game owners the chance to get the updated cards, but we'll let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
What's with all the extra colors? They aren't orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These changes sound like they will be pretty good, I'll try these out next time we play and see how it goes.

Will you be adding these to the expansion as replacement cards for the original deck? That seems to be a decent way to get the updated cards to game owners, and also a bit more enticing to prospective buyers.

*New Game features!
*30 Trobil Maker Cards
*10 Whatchamacallits
*2 New Spacecraft
*New Space Carrot Cake recipe
*Also included, All new Updated RiffRaff cards!

Or something like that, you get the idea
Although I'm pretty sure everyone that bought the original will be ALL OVER that expansion when it comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:

The RiffRaff cards have different colored backgrounds now according to what type of card they are. It helps with the stands on the board. Pirates still have the blue background, but Courtesans have a pink background, and Traders have a green background. This way, it'll be easy to tell what's what on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BigDumbYak wrote:
These changes sound like they will be pretty good, I'll try these out next time we play and see how it goes.

Will you be adding these to the expansion as replacement cards for the original deck? That seems to be a decent way to get the updated cards to game owners, and also a bit more enticing to prospective buyers.

*New Game features!
*30 Trobil Maker Cards
*10 Whatchamacallits
*2 New Spacecraft
*New Space Carrot Cake recipe
*Also included, All new Updated RiffRaff cards!

Or something like that, you get the idea
Although I'm pretty sure everyone that bought the original will be ALL OVER that expansion when it comes out.

LOL That's one option we're exploring.

Has anyone actually made the cookies? They're really good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LCG 74160
msg tools
mb
Both updated powers look good to me and make these Riff-Raff cards more attractive.

Is there any plan to also change the Courtesan?

In my plays, it has been seen as the least attractive card since it offers virtually nothing to the person who draws it.

What about adding to its power a benefit for the person who draws the card: interact once with the location where the Courtesan is initially placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lcg74160 wrote:
Both updated powers look good to me and make these Riff-Raff cards more attractive.

Is there any plan to also change the Courtesan?

In my plays, it has been seen as the least attractive card since it offers virtually nothing to the person who draws it.

What about adding to its power a benefit for the person who draws the card: interact once with the location where the Courtesan is initially placed.

There's been some rewording on the Courtesan just to fix any misunderstandings of how they play, but no rules changes. I will bring up your idea with the other designer Erin McDonald though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
krakengames wrote:
toober wrote:

The RiffRaff cards have different colored backgrounds now according to what type of card they are. It helps with the stands on the board. Pirates still have the blue background, but Courtesans have a pink background, and Traders have a green background. This way, it'll be easy to tell what's what on the board.

Awww, those don't match the color-coded stands I'm using.
Black for Pirate
Green for Trader (hey, one matches!)
White for Courtesan

Seems an add-on should be cheap for the replacement cards.
Or offer the game with expansion as one pledge, and only upgrade pack with expansion for the other pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:

Seems an add-on should be cheap for the replacement cards.
Or offer the game with expansion as one pledge, and only upgrade pack with expansion for the other pledge.

We won't be using Kickstarter anymore. The reprint and possible expansion will be published through Breaking Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Klakken
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ChristianStrain Is there a place I could subscribe to know when a reprint will be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Bounty Hunter you might want to add an "either" before the list of things you can choose from, to make it "you can collect either....". Right now it sounds like you can choose to get that long list of items or 2 coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
For the Bounty Hunter you might want to add an "either" before the list of things you can choose from, to make it "you can collect either....". Right now it sounds like you can choose to get that long list of items or 2 coins.

+1

Or say "You may choose one of the following: 2 Ore, 2 Carrots, 2 Credits", etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
rccoll wrote:

+1

That's a better way to put it.

I was just coming to edit my post to clarify that wording needed to be added/changed to make it so players would understand that they only got to choose 1 of the items in the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
trondkla wrote:
@ChristianStrain Is there a place I could subscribe to know when a reprint will be available?

If you subscribe to the news forum here, we'll definitely post its release. We also have a Facebook page and a Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/krakengames
[url]
https://twitter.com/KrakenGamesInfo[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:

Good idea. We'll look at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
rccoll wrote:

+1

Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.