Hide
9 Posts

DC Comics Dice Masters: World's Finest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spin a Sidekick? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Holmes
msg tools
What does it mean too spin a Sidekick to level one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
You would take a sidekick character die from the field and turn it to its level one side. Normal sidekick dice only have a level one character side. Spinning them to level one has no effect since they are already level one.

Characters with the Ally keyword count as sidekicks while in the field. You could choose a level two or three ally and change it to the level one side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the inimitable pishposh stated, this can only target Ally characters (currently).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Holmes
msg tools
Thanks very much! This is been the topic of conversation between me and my son (newly ADDICTED to this game!) as we work at getting better and better! Right now we're playing with three heroes each with two dice (we bought the starter kit) and three action cards with 20 life each. We're looking to ramp up, but the tournament rules are a little unclear at times. For instance....for tournament, is it 8 characters each and 4 action cards? Is there a die limit for the characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattholmes9626 wrote:
Thanks very much! This is been the topic of conversation between me and my son (newly ADDICTED to this game!) as we work at getting better and better! Right now we're playing with three heroes each with two dice (we bought the starter kit) and three action cards with 20 life each. We're looking to ramp up, but the tournament rules are a little unclear at times. For instance....for tournament, is it 8 characters each and 4 action cards? Is there a die limit for the characters?

Each player may have up to 8 characters/non-basic actions (like the Batcave), that only they can purchase. Those 8 characters/actions may have up to a total of 20 dice distributed amongst them. Each card must have a minimum of 1 die on it, and up to a maximum listed on the card (virtually always 4).

In addition, each player brings 2 Basic Action Cards with exactly 3 dice each, which may be purchased by either player. So there will be a total of 4 Basic Action Cards, each with 3 dice, which may be purchased by either player. If both players bring the same Basic action, it functionally has 6 dice on it.

In addition, each player starts with 8 Sidekick dice. The Sidekicks and Basic Action Dice do *NOT* count towards the 20 die limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Holmes
msg tools
Thank you! And I can mix cards? I.e. World's Finest with Justice League? Where do you find non basic actions? Any thoughts on which if the sets is the best? Right now we have starter sets for the two I listed above. Also...How do you guys store all this stuff! Lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Holmes
msg tools
Thank you! And I can mix cards? I.e. World's Finest with Justice League? Where do you find non basic actions? Any thoughts on which if the sets is the best? Right now we have starter sets for the two I listed above. Also...How do you guys store all this stuff! Lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattholmes9626 wrote:

You can mix EVERYTHING!

There are some very minor terminology differences when it comes to comics vs D&D vs Yu-Gi-Oh, but within the same IP you can totally go for it!

Each set has 2-4 non-Basic Actions found in the booster packs just like characters, they also have custom dice and come in Common/Uncommon/Rare (or Super-Rare). World's Finest has Kryptonite and Batcave. They take up a spot on your team, but they aren't "characters".

World's Finest is probably one of the "best" DC sets, it has a lot of familiar characters and the newer sets tend to have better wording on card abilities. It should integrate very well with Justice League though, except many of the affiliations are different (instead of Team Batman and Superman Family, it has Justice League and JSA). The War of Light set is also a good set but it's ALL about the Green and other color Lanterns. The set that comes out a week from today, Green Arrow and The Flash, is also looking to be great. It has no Starter, just booster packs, and includes DC affiliations from all sets.

For storage, you could consider the official Collector's Boxes, but a much cheaper solution is bead boxes from a craft store for the dice. For cards most people use binders with card pages or deck boxes from Magic, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Holmes
msg tools
Thanks for all the info!!! Me and my son just found out about a drafting event this weekend at our local store for the new set...can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.