Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Knapp
United States
Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished my first game vs Azathoth and I actually won! I don't feel too accomplished though, since there was only one tentacles Mythos card (they were drawn randomly). Either way it was a blast. I drew investigators randomly and got Mark Harrigan and Jacqueline Fine, which was a great combo until Jacqueline got betrayed by Unexpected Betrayal. Mark had ridiculous strength and will and I improved his lore twice so he was really well rounded. He also got the Gate Box artifact which made him a gate-closing machine. I won with doom on 1, not knowing what would have happened if it got to zero haha.

The first few rounds had a lot of rules referencing but I think I have it mostly down now. I expect my next game will be much quicker. Anyway, I'm already looking at getting Forsaken Lore, but is it expected to be back in Stock any time soon? I could order it from Cardhaus but I would rather get free shipping somewhere if I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well done! Thanks for saving the world, I'd gotten rather attached to it. I think my first game was a win against Azathoth too. Then I had a couple of losses afterwards, but mostly for being overly ambitious. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did in your next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morlow00 wrote:
I just finished my first game vs Azathoth and I actually won! I don't feel too accomplished though, since there was only one tentacles Mythos card (they were drawn randomly). Either way it was a blast. I drew investigators randomly and got Mark Harrigan and Jacqueline Fine, which was a great combo until Jacqueline got betrayed by Unexpected Betrayal. Mark had ridiculous strength and will and I improved his lore twice so he was really well rounded. He also got the Gate Box artifact which made him a gate-closing machine. I won with doom on 1, not knowing what would have happened if it got to zero haha.

The first few rounds had a lot of rules referencing but I think I have it mostly down now. I expect my next game will be much quicker. Anyway, I'm already looking at getting Forsaken Lore, but is it expected to be back in Stock any time soon? I could order it from Cardhaus but I would rather get free shipping somewhere if I can.

Forsaken Lore is pretty awesome, but FWIW I think, any of the expansions small or big box, add enough to make EH a much more complete game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have one question about assets that just came up: if I have a +1 strength ally and a +2 strength in combat weapon do those stack? Or do I just get the larger of the bonuses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Roy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
bonuses don't stack. You'd only get the "+2" in that case. There are some cards that let you roll "additional dice" which can stack, but for the most part you just pick your asset with the highest "+".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaque Lazaro
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Winning a the first try? That's unusual! Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that's how I played it. Game 2 was a horrible loss haha. Six tentacles Mythos cards this time around, plus some really rough monsters. That went downhill quickly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next question regarding bonuses: do spells stack with assets or do you still just get the bigger bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Biggest bonus to the relevant skill from any source. You may, however, still cast a spell, even if the bonus wouldn't apply (for example, if you need to burn spells for Yog-Sothoth's mystery, or if the reverse side of the spell has applicable side effects you want to try and trigger).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple more questions have come up recently:

1) During the Mythos phase are investigators "active"? I am guessing no but I was just attacked during reckoning by the Hound of Tindalos and defeated it and the investigator had two clues to move it onto the mystery card, but I don't think he counts as an active investigator.

2) What is the best thing for cursed investigators to do? At least one of my investigators was cursed pretty much the whole game and they just fail everything for the most part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oded K
msg tools
1. If the investigator holding the clues is the one who acted to kill the hound, then yes, you can move the hound to the mystery. The "active investigator" clause in the mystery is there to prevent another investigator from giving the clues.

2. You have a couple of options - Try to cycle through the asset deck to get to one of the assets that remove curses (Sanctuary, Holy Water, Witch Doctor). Most of these assets cost two successes, so they can be purchased for a debt. Another option is to make your way to Rome (hope there aren't monsters there...). Rome seems to have a larger number of encounters that provide blessings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Nolastnamegiven
Denmark
flag msg tools
2) It's cynical, but sometimes the best solution is to have the cursed investigator be defeated, so he can be replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question regarding Urban Guide: if a modifier brings a stat to zero, do I roll one die or two dice with Urban Guide on a city space? I have been playing that I roll two dice since I would normally roll one and it says I roll an additional die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morlow00 wrote:
One more question regarding Urban Guide: if a modifier brings a stat to zero, do I roll one die or two dice with Urban Guide on a city space? I have been playing that I roll two dice since I would normally roll one and it says I roll an additional die.

One. The charity die comes after all other modifications are put into place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morlow00 wrote:
1) During the Mythos phase are investigators "active"? I am guessing no but I was just attacked during reckoning by the Hound of Tindalos and defeated it and the investigator had two clues to move it onto the mystery card, but I don't think he counts as an active investigator.

During the Mythos phase, only the Lead Investigator is Active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.