Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Just received the Kickstarter and trying out the intro scenario solo to absorb the rules.

I moved a Russian unit into melee with a German unit. Since melee only occurs after the rout phase, I continue alternating Russian and German turns until everyone is used. Now, as the Germans I want to send a unit into that space to supplement the melee for the Germans. Does the Russian unit that made it into melee get to perform final op fire on the incoming Germans? The rules don't mention this specifically and I'm not certain it's in the spirit of the rules (in my mind, it feels like only the unit originally in the hex should be able to do final op fire, not also units that just arrived for melee)

Hope that makes sense!

Miguel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Rule 6.1 Units may NOT fire if in the same hex as an enemy unit

Where you typically experience this is when one of your units charges an enemy position, with heart in mouth survives Final Op Fire, gets into the hex and then your reinforcing unit strolls over and climbs in at leisure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind.

I Found the answer. 6.1 states that firing cannot occur if an enemy unit is in your hex.

Now I know!

Miguel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
No. Rule 6.1 Units may NOT fire if in the same hex as an enemy unit

Where you typically experience this is when one of your units charges an enemy position, with heart in mouth survives Final Op Fire, gets into the hex and then your reinforcing unit strolls over and climbs in at leisure.

Thanks. I was typing my update as you wrote this. The situation you describe is exactly what was happening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.