Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher includes 3 blank cards for homemade variants. We haven't come up with any yet but I'd love to hear ideas that people have tried and enjoyed. I think that an additional city deck is an obvious expansion opportunity, even as a print and play expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried any yet, but I'd love to hear some ideas...

I'll have to try to think of some. Adding some kind of bidding mechanic could be interesting.

You could do something like a No Thanks mechanic, where you build an initial structure (5 pieces from a random draw) then you flip over the next card and a person can take the piece or decline it and pay a fan. Fans have no real point value, but if you don't have any, you can't pass. Each player starts with x number of fans to use for passing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Netherlands
Rijswijk
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:
I haven't tried any yet, but I'd love to hear some ideas...

I'll have to try to think of some. Adding some kind of bidding mechanic could be interesting.

You could do something like a No Thanks mechanic, where you build an initial structure (5 pieces from a random draw) then you flip over the next card and a person can take the piece or decline it and pay a fan. Fans have no real point value, but if you don't have any, you can't pass. Each player starts with x number of fans to use for passing...

Genius! Will give that a try for sure, I love no thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Thanks mechanic has always been one of my favorite ways to play Bausack, so I like the idea, and fans are the obvious way to implement that, but do you use the fans you've won in other cities or do you "seed" everyone, say, three fans and play the city independently?

In which case, maybe you have a fan penalty for your structure falling that removes fans from the city (rather than paying to other players). So in a four player game, there are 12 fans to go around, but it is unlikely they will all be available in final scoring.

Just bouncing ideas around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiyum wrote:
No Thanks mechanic has always been one of my favorite ways to play Bausack, so I like the idea, and fans are the obvious way to implement that, but do you use the fans you've won in other cities or do you "seed" everyone, say, three fans and play the city independently?

In which case, maybe you have a fan penalty for your structure falling that removes fans from the city (rather than paying to other players). So in a four player game, there are 12 fans to go around, but it is unlikely they will all be available in final scoring.

Just bouncing ideas around.

I didn't put a lot of thought into it. It was just a quick thought. I was thinking of seeding everyone extra fans. I haven't tried it yet.. Haven't had a chance to play again since this came up. I'll be bringing this to a work retreat this weekend... I'll give it a go. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I've been fleshing out cities since proofing this back in February. With hands finally on a final copy, I've been playtesting some. I'll update sometime soon if there's interest. However, in the box there is plenty of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative wrote:
I've been fleshing out cities since proofing this back in February. With hands finally on a final copy, I've been playtesting some. I'll update sometime soon if there's interest. However, in the box there is plenty of fun!

Plenty of fun, yes... But also plenty of interest.

There's also the traitor mechanic. Hmmm... Maybe Alantic City? Use or build a tallest tower theme. Randomly pick players-1 block cards and shuffle into that a cactus card. Deal one to each player. Cactus player must have lowest (maybe second from lowest?) tower to win. Calling out the traitor gives X fans to caller and traitor gets Y fans for winning. False calls results in expulsion from round or immediate victory for traitor. Eh, needs work.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott deVries
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely looking for ideas to add new cities to the game! Those 3 blank cards are so inviting, but I don't want to spoil them with a half-baked idea I came up with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
Newark
OH
flag msg tools
This too shall pass...
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative wrote:

Would love to hear your ideas, the ones that came to me right off the top of my head:

1.) Vegas - just like the No Thanks variant mentioned above (except in reverse). Start with 10 fans, decline with a fan if you don't want the card flipped off the top

2.) Cinque Terre - place any piece with a "hole" in it on your base. Points awarded for how many colors can be seen through your window on a given turn.

3.) San Francisco - place bases adjacent to each other; then, place the short/fat towers on each base. pieces places by players need to "bridge" the gap(s) between one or more of the towers or on or more of the bases.

4.) Manshiyat Naser - dump all pieces of a player's color onto a base. Turn by turn (using another prop: pencil, chopstick) players have to dig out of the "trash" of their cities (think pick up sticks, Junk Art style)

These are hastily thought up ideas and probably have a few flaws in them somewhere but everyone/anyone is free to take a city idea and run with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ozelius
United States
Brighton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did a race structure. Daytona Beach.
Everyone gets 10 Cards.
First one to build a complete structure gets 5 Fans, 2nd gets 3 fans, 3rd gets 1 fan. Bonus 1 Fan for the tallest structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burger Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
tvazteca wrote:
We did a race structure. Daytona Beach.
Everyone gets 10 Cards.
First one to build a complete structure gets 5 Fans, 2nd gets 3 fans, 3rd gets 1 fan. Bonus 1 Fan for the tallest structure.

Ooh that one sounds really good.

I think the structure of the World Tour limits some ideas, so I'm trying to think of some that work as an independent game. I was thinking a pure coop city.

Beijing: Put 4 bases together in the middle. Everyone takes turns drawing a card from the deck and placing a piece on structure. Score = number of pieces in structure. Game ends when 5 or more pieces fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.