Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, muppet question relearning the game.

US Paras move adjacent to some German 4/1's and want to Assault Fire (nice bonuses). Germans want to Final Op Fire. Who goes first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wooster
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
"He who runs with aggression, walks without dignity."
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the op fire is first since op fire is made against units that are moving and assault fire takes place after a unit has finished moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Who goes first?

The active should pause after each hex entered to give the other player a chance to take op fire; after that, the active player can declare assault fire. (I don't see where the rules exactly say that, but I think it's the only way which makes sense.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Webster
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Tech & BoardGaming Nerd
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first sentence under section 6.0 it states that "units may fire instead of move, Assault Fire after movement, or Op Fire while the opponent is moving units."

Thus Assault Fire occurs at the end of movement; Op Fire occurs during movement and thus comes first. The example on page 17 under the heading Operations Phase Russians Again demonstrates this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks chaps, thumbs all round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.