We recently ran a kickstarter campaign that didn't reach our funding goal which is sad. But we want your feedback here on anything you think that we might be able to do the next time around.
Thank you again to any of you who backed us on our first campaign! We hope you can help us to improve our game and our second kickstarter we will run.
Check these guys out: https://bgdgofutah.joomla.com.
They could be really beneficial.
I already commented on some things earlier on Facebook so I might repeat myself even though I'll try not to. Mostly it's just my experience with your campaign more than plain advice what to do.
TL;DR: Cut the begining of the video, use Images and Formatting, especially in the Rulebook.
1) Your art style and in the box image catched my attention big time!
2) Overview image is really nice, but those TEXT only card backs felt a bit sad
3) The atmosphere of the video is AWESOME! (We've recently filmed some gameplay of our game so I know it's not easy at all)
BUT the first 17 seconds almost made me turn that thing off. It kicks in too slow for a 1-min trailer. Try to plug the gameplay cuts earlier, cut the time of logo and text or both. But 17 second of boredom is A LOT.
4) What's Unique is too long with no image and formatting, rendering it unusable for skimming or even effective reading. There is one whole paragraph that would equal to a single bullet point: Replayability. I also found the last paragraphs more valuable then the first ones. But once again, a short bullet list at the start, maybe with an image would help a lot.
5) Overly simplified Dice images feel so underwhelming next to that wonderful Art!
At that point, I backed for $1 intending to check later as I consumed all the fast content.
4) Returned to check if I like the gameplay. First I tried to pick it up from the playthrough, but even though I like the audiovisual quality I got quite confused trying to understand it quickly.
5) Checked Rulebook. Man! I cannot express the terror inflicted by these endless paragraphs of text with no real formatting. UPPERCASE. I gave it a minute or so, but I wasn't able to get any meaningful information out of it. And this was the biggest problem for me.
6) I wanted to love the game, but I was unsure about the mechanics. Considering the goal and current progress, I decided not to increase the pledge as I did not believe it would fund at that point.
I realized the best explanation of the mechanics is in the review. If I were you, I would emphasize that information.
Also a simple explanation of the core loop with images or GIF would do wonders for me.
I definitely like what you're doing, would gladly back relaunched game once you improve the Rulebook
P.S. Sorry for the long post with no formatting or images
- Last edited Sun Sep 4, 2016 8:57 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 8:56 pm
Thanks a ton really helpful points of feedback!