Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb

It will be interesting to see how this goes. I suspect poorly for everyone involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This must be the meeting where he gets payment for the wall. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was he born in the USA- he better take his birth certifiate as he might not be let back in .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
it is pretty classy for him to deliver the invoice in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mexico arrests Trump for disturbing the peace, hilarity ensues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be an interesting test of his foreign policy capabilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
jonb wrote:

If he comes back with a check and announces it in the AZ speech, game over, he wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out what the hell Pena Nieto is up to in agreeing to meet Trump. Is Trump walking into a trap? Pena Nieto's popularity isn't great right now; giving a big "fuck you" to Trump's face might be a popular move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While Trump is standing there like a particularly self-satisfied toad, Nieto should call him a fucking moron in Spanish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
He's probably going to tell Pena that he has "more flexibility" after the election.

Fox already weighted in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what the hell Pena Nieto is up to in agreeing to meet Trump. Is Trump walking into a trap? Pena Nieto's popularity isn't great right now; giving a big "fuck you" to Trump's face might be a popular move.

I'm fairly sure that's exactly what's going to happen. There aren't many people in Mexico right now less popular than Donald Trump is, and he just agreed to give up most of the control he has over a public appearance. Nieto can humiliate him rather easily if he so chooses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:

It will be interesting to see how this goes. I suspect poorly for everyone involved.

Now this is pretty cool....be interesting to see how this goes.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Senor Trump tiene muy manos pequenas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
LightRider wrote:

Ferret
Pretty frosty I should think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

I'm fairly sure that's exactly what's going to happen. There aren't many people in Mexico right now less popular than Donald Trump is, and he just agreed to give up most of the control he has over a public appearance. Nieto can humiliate him rather easily if he so chooses.

but he won't it would be seen as a sign of weakness, However there might be numerous subtle humilations made all the more pointed by Trumps inability to actually see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
but he won't it would be seen as a sign of weakness

Standing up for your country against a stupid bigot who's potentially going to be in charge of your most important trading partner/the most powerful country on the planet?

yeah that's weakness all right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully Trump will be able to enjoy real Mexican food while he is there so he can see those Taco bowls are a joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
LightRider wrote:

Ferret

Maybe, but he did invite Trump as I understand it. Maybe he thinks Trump's going to win and wants to not have hard feelings?

But I agree with most of the conspiracy theorists that it's more likely just going to insult Trump and try to use this to boost his own rankings.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
growlley wrote:

Standing up for your country against a stupid bigot who's potentially going to be in charge of your most important trading partner/the most powerful country on the planet?

Well, Pena Nieto is a bit of a bigot but I think Trump can handle him fine.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
growlley wrote:

Well, Pena Nieto is a bit of a bigot but I think Trump can handle him fine.

Ferret

You heard it here folks. Ol' ferret thinks Mexico is the most powerful country on the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
LightRider wrote:

Ferret

Maybe, but he did invite Trump as I understand it. Maybe he thinks Trump's going to win and wants to not have hard feelings?

But I agree with most of the conspiracy theorists that it's more likely just going to insult Trump and try to use this to boost his own rankings.

Ferret
Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:

You heard it here folks. Ol' ferret thinks Mexico is the most powerful country on the planet.

You're the one who noted Pena was a bigot....

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
batman wrote:

You're the one who noted Pena was a bigot....

Ferret

Citation needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
jonb wrote:

If he comes back with a check and announces it in the AZ speech, game over, he wins.

Since the current Mexican President's poll numbers are low -- his popularity is sagging -- it seems unlikely that he would kowtow to Donald Trump. Quite the contrary, I speculate that the Mexican President would probably treat this as an opportunity to engage in a bit of kabuki political theater and repudiate Donald Trump and his bigotry.

After all, the greater majority of the Mexican people are already outraged by the fact that their President invited Trump to come to Mexico much less that Trump has accepted the invitation.

More than 13 months ago, piñata makers in Mexico began making Donald Trump piñatas -- and they've enjoyed very brisk sales, too.

> Excerpt from the July 1, 2015 People magazine news story by Drew Mackie entitled:

Donald Trump Popular In Mexico – In Piñata Form
You might say it's one way to stimulate economic growth.

A Donald Trump piñata

A piñata maker in Reynosa, Mexico, has created a new viral star in the form of a papier-maché creation that looks just a little bit like a certain businessman-turned-Presidential candidate.

According to an Associated Press report, Dalton Avalos Ramirez, owner of the Piñateria Ramirez, made the Donald Trump piñata "because of the hatred Trump expressed for the Mexican people." He noted that, in their own way, the Trump piñatas had proven popular. "People want to burn the pinatas. They want to break them," he said.

Trump has faced criticism for recent remarks that Mexican immigrants hurt the United States because they are "bringing drugs … they're bringing crime … they're rapists." Trump later denied the comments were racist.

"There is nothing to apologize for. Many bad people are pouring through. I'm not saying just Mexican, many bad people," he said. "I don't have a racist bone in my body. I'm just exposing things that everybody knows is happening, but nobody wants to talk about."

> Excerpt from the August 31, 2016 Business Insider news story by Christopher Woody entitled:

Donald Trump's Visit May Already Be A Lose-Lose Situation For Mexico's President

While the visit has elicited a kind of amused surprise in the USA — another twist in a campaign full of them — the news of the trip has stirred outrage in Mexico. The anger with Trump there is widespread and noticeable.

By giving the appearance of accepting the Republican candidate's past statements, the Mexican president has opened himself to more criticism from his compatriots — only 23% of whom approve of his performance in office.

Jorge Ramos

Influential Univision anchor Jorge Ramos said, "It's high risk: Mexicans would not pardon [Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto] for remaining silent before Trump. [Peña Nieto] has to demand an apology from Trump [for his past repugnant public comments denigrating Mexicans]."

Viridiana Rios

Wilson Center scholar Viridiana Rios added in a tweet, "So, Trump is saying that we will pay for his wall, and we respond [by] receiving him with open arms. Really?!?"

Herzog Flores

"Our [Mexican] President's invitation to Donald Trump was the biggest stupidity in the history of the Mexican Presidency," Herzog Flores said. "There is no parallel to what was just announced."

If the tensions that have built between Mexico and Trump surface in the meeting, it probably won't be immediately apparent. Peña Nieto and Trump are slated to meet early Wednesday afternoon at Los Pinos, the Mexican President's official residence in Mexico City. The two leaders will issue statements after the meeting, but neither plans to take questions, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
growlley wrote:

Sometimes the sign of strength or power is in how you chose not to use it, abusing your own hospitiality to blantantly insult a guest would be a sign of weakness in Mexico.

Why play Trumps game and give him an excuse to run home and cry see how they treated me they hate\despise americans and have no respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.