Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Any expansion news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm sure many people would be sooooooo excited for an expansion, but has there been any official announcement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This rather epic game was only released this year. Let's let the year number change first before expecting any expansion news
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can't believe it has only been released in 2016, it seems as though it's been around for much longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some country, it is available in translated version since July only :)
Funny how we don't live on the same temporal lines.

to answer, I did not hear of an expansion and I recall a post saying the FFG numbering system hints to a no-expansion game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is out 4 months exactly.
It was talked about for 5 months before which might have made it seem like it was released then.

Awesome game though, I would hate for an expansion that will be so cool but unbalanced that we will all have to get it and later find out it diminishs from the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like an expansion to make use of The Force a little more. It seems quite underused in SW:R compared to say Imperial Assault. I know they're very different games, but it would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deena Pilgrim
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
I'm sure many people would be sooooooo excited for an expansion, but has there been any official announcement?

Why do want to modify the game, you don't like it as it is?

I think it works fine (except, maybe, the cluncky combat system), balance is good (wich is very difficult to achieve in an asymetric game) so I will be very wary of buying expansions, that may bring unbalance to the force , or more clunckiness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
I'd like an expansion to make use of The Force a little more. It seems quite underused in SW:R compared to say Imperial Assault. I know they're very different games, but it would be nice.

This seems like it would break game balance instantly since the Empire starts with two powerful force users and the Rebellion starts with none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than an 'add on' expansion, how about a totally new game 'in the series'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Laardge11 wrote:

This seems like it would break game balance instantly since the Empire starts with two powerful force users and the Rebellion starts with none.

Not to mention, the vast majority of leaders in the game aren't force sensitive anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be all for an expansion that both shook things up a bit (perhaps a few new/different missions and tactics, possibly new leaders, new action cards) but would also love one that gave a solid option for a shorter game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
El Supremo wrote:
Rather than an 'add on' expansion, how about a totally new game 'in the series'?
This. The only thing I wish SW:R would do differently is the SW part. I'm not a big Star Wars fan (don't hate it either). So, an 'Another-Cool-Setting: Rebellion' what I would really like to see. But it's highly unlikely to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
El Supremo wrote:
This. The only thing I wish SW:R would do differently is the SW part. I'm not a big Star Wars fan (don't hate it either). So, an 'Another-Cool-Setting: Rebellion' want I would really like to see. But it's highly unlikely to happen.

Yeah, that's a pretty big draw for most people. Best of luck, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
tmgergo wrote:
El Supremo wrote:
This. The only thing I wish SW:R would do differently is the SW part. I'm not a big Star Wars fan (don't hate it either). So, an 'Another-Cool-Setting: Rebellion' want I would really like to see. But it's highly unlikely to happen.

That said, while the theme is pretty good for the game, you don't have to be a big Star Wars fan to enjoy the game - the mechanics and strategy speak for themselves.

IE, you don't have to know the Star Wars universe to have an edge in the strategy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
El Supremo wrote:

This.

I have no problem with the SW license, and I think the cat-and-mouse element of the game is interesting, but I think this model for "wargame with heroes on quests" is the best one we've seen yet and would be incredibly fun in several other worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
tmgergo wrote:
El Supremo wrote:

That said, while the theme is pretty good for the game, you don't have to be a big Star Wars fan to enjoy the game - the mechanics and strategy speak for themselves.

IE, you don't have to know the Star Wars universe to have an edge in the strategy of the game.

Very true!

stephenhope wrote:
tmgergo wrote:
El Supremo wrote:

This.

I have no problem with the SW license, and I think the cat-and-mouse element of the game is interesting, but I think this model for "wargame with heroes on quests" is the best one we've seen yet and would be incredibly fun in several other worlds.

Also an interesting point. SWR definitely isn't a traditional wargame. I think it could definitely get some gears turning in other developers' heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
For me the one glaring omission from the game is Jabba the Hutt. Any expansion that did exist would need to include him.

Maybe some kind of 'local colour' whereby every populous system in the game has some unique wrinkle, perhaps activated by some kind of an event deck.

For me the thing the game does lack is the little details and minor charcaters and incidents that add a lot of flavour to the films. Obviously there's a problem in that a lot of that colour is on one planet - Tatooine but I'm sure there's plenty from the expanded universe that could be bought in.

Perhaps something to build independent operators like Bounty Hunters and the Hutts into the game more - with Boba Fett and Lando being removed from the game and replaced by other ldeears and those charcaters becoming part of the 'independents'.

But all of this is only if they felt an expansion was absolutely needed - the game's pretty great as it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
El Supremo wrote:

Maybe when the sequel trilogy is complete there will be enough material to make one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
KinginAmber wrote:
F

Maybe some kind of 'local colour' whereby every populous system in the game has some unique wrinkle, perhaps activated by some kind of an event deck.

Kind of like the region-centered event cards in Eldritch horror? That would be pretty cool. Each space region could have a deck, with each planet having a section on the card. That could really bring in some flavor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmbmb
KinginAmber wrote:
For me the one glaring omission from the game is Jabba the Hutt. Any expansion that did exist would need to include him.

For me the thing the game does lack is the little details and minor charcaters and incidents that add a lot of flavour to the films. Obviously there's a problem in that a lot of that colour is on one planet - Tatooine but I'm sure there's plenty from the expanded universe that could be bought in.

Perhaps something to build independent operators like Bounty Hunters and the Hutts into the game more - with Boba Fett and Lando being removed from the game and replaced by other ldeears and those charcaters becoming part of the 'independents'.

But all of this is only if they felt an expansion was absolutely needed - the game's pretty great as it is

I was thinking something similar. The idea that each planet has more character sounds awesome. Triggering that via some sort of event deck seems easy enough to introduce. Possibly difficult to balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.