$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
101 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Back from the grave: RSPer of the day/near future/until boredom sets in rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: RSPer_du_jour [+] [View All]
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Sooooo, it occurred to me that RSPers are coming and going so fast that I can't keep track of them.

Some are posting their high-drama, exit-in-anger thread before I ever noticed them. Some are sticking around. I have no idea who many of you are these days.

So I thought it might be time to resurrect this old RSP institution to recognize some hanger-on-ers who stick around and rise to the top, and get to know them on a more personal level.

We'll see how it goes. I approached Terwox as a likely Guinea Pig.

He foolishly agreed.

non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb

His bio:

Quote:
Hrm, alright. I'm doing the last of the exams of my human factors psychology PhD on Monday, I've cleaned up human poop for a living, I prefer "they" over "he" as a pronoun but I feel like that's such a ridiculous thing in this current climate that I literally never bring it up (I mainly feel like it's trying to sound young, and it really only matters if people I'm dating know that, I don't give a shit otherwise,) I'm essentially a Unitarian Universalist but primarily agnostic, so I'm a Christian but virtually no one will agree with that, I've never voted in a presidential election, I'm probably voting for Johnson even though I'm a liberal and not a libertarian (because Johnson isn't terribly libertarian anyway and Stein is wrong,) and I'm not liberal on guns, the environment, the death penalty, immigration, privacy, or foreign policy, but I'm fine with queers and wealth redistribution so I'm a filthy liberal. Oh, and I'm hooking electrodes up to the heads of gamers for my dissertation. I've done a lot of brain wave scanning already. And I did a study refuting Daryl Bem's stupid "clairvoyance is real" published crap.

I'll attempt to stay positive for these things, heh.

Oh, here's my dumb face:

I bought a face mask solely for taking that picture and I like that decision. (I've always wanted to wear that when I had participants show up, but I haven't yet.)
Except I'm considerably heavier than that now. I'm yo-yo dieting on Atkin's again, it's going alright.

Oh, I worked at GE and State Farm, but those places are lame.

And if you use literally nothing of what I wrote above I won't mind.

James

Personally, I got no questions.

He pretty much addressed anything I wanted to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Wait a minute. I do have a question. Wikipedia has nuttin' on Elk Point, South Dakota. Are you there by choice, or waiting for a judge to remove your ankle monitor? You from there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you get into board games?

What's your major non boardgaming holiday?

And on a completely unrelated note
What's your birth date, middle name, and the last 4 digits of your social?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about this whole "Gary Johnson vote" thing, because he sounds kind of like a nutter.

Like...dangerous-kind. Not "oh no, more of the same, and that's the worst" kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Wait a minute. I do have a question. Wikipedia has nuttin' on Elk Point, South Dakota. Are you there by choice, or waiting for a judge to remove your ankle monitor? You from there?

If I may step on James' toes, I believe it's that he commutes to Vermillion, where he teaches stats and/or psych at the University of South Dakota.

I only know this because those names get some mental traction for me, as both Vermillion and Elk Point are exit signs I've seen my whole life along I-29, en route to Enemy Swim Lake in northeast South Dakota. As to why the Elk Point lifestyle would be worth a commute as compared to just living in Vermillion, I will leave that to our esteemed doctor-to-be.

Anyhow, a good revival and an excellent choice for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been so long, I think I may have forgotten my traditional questions but here goes:
1. What is your religious background?
2. What is your educational background in fields other than what you're doing a doctorate in, especially the physical sciences and mathematics?
3. Just how stupid/arrogant/gullible are you?
4. What are your bank account details?
5. Do you know languages other than English?
6. What are your gaming preferences?

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Has it ever been a rule, and if not it should be, that a liberal must nominate a conservative as the next RSP of the week person, and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you fuck on first dates, does your dad own a brewery?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

Has it ever been a rule, and if not it should be, that a liberal must nominate a conservative as the next RSP of the week person, and vice versa.

now you have done it your going to trigger the libertarians - they will feel left out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If CRISPR is perfected to practically edit the human genome of adult humans, what mods are you looking forward to applying to yourself?
2) Would you give up the base animal instincts that drives a lot of the raw pleasure our biology generates in order to be immortal?
3) Could you kill someone with your bare hands? Assume you have the physical capability, but do you have the mental capability? If so, under which of the following circumstances: Self Defense, Loved-One Defense, Stranger Defense, Property Defense, Revenge, To Steal Someones Food/Resources for yourself/family.
4) Star Trek or Star Wars? or BSG?
5) What is your quickest extreme anger trigger?
6) What is the greatest music album of all time?
7) Why are liberals smarter than conservatives?
8) Who is the Greatest President? The Worst?
9) Please give your solution to peace in the Middle East, in 12 words or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

I think this was abandoned when the candidates who are obvious one or the other were gone through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Married?
Children?
Pets?
Which is better cake or ice cream?
Would you rather watch the "best of": SNL, SCTV or Monty Python?
Family Guy, South Park or Simpsons?

Roll and go or roll and go decision free games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, and one more. Do you know what a Resource Based Economy really is? If so, do you think it is possible? If so, do you know how to get there from here? If so, what role does block chain have in that transition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What type of Dominionist are you - open or secret?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
What attracted you to RSP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hearthstone class you do best with/like the most?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

How can you possibly know this obscure thing, Slater? You are a puzzlement, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

How can you possibly know this obscure thing, Slater? You are a puzzlement, sir.
I live next door to aboes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
And the RSPer of the day waits a week to respond.

This is going exactly like it used to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
isaacc wrote:

I think this was abandoned when the candidates who are obvious one or the other were gone through.

It wasn't supposed to be liberal alt with conservative exactly, but it was supposed to be people who were very different from you who you found intriguing in some RSP fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot dog toppings of the 4 possible choices
Bowling average
Favorite cartoon
Domestic beer choice
Addams Family or Munsters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
He's in grad school and the semester just began. He's probably really busy right now.

(Wait, what am I doing here!?!?! I also have a ton of crap to do!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
He's in grad school and the semester just began. He's probably really busy right now.

(Wait, what am I doing here!?!?! I also have a ton of crap to do!!)
Tsk, tsk, the semester has just begun and he has already overcommitted himself by agreeing to be our entertainment for an undetermined period. I'm starting to have my faith in his judgment seriously undermined. First his irrational crusade against Jill Stein and now this. Did anyone ask if he is a Millenial?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

I'm from East Peoria, Illinois.

I live here because I got into school at USD and nowhere else, so I was in Vermillion. (This is the only reason people are ever in Vermillion. This is the story of every grad student in my program. "Backup choice, but it was all I got, so here we go!")

My girlfriend went back to school while we were dating, so we moved in-between Sioux City (where I work now) and Vermillion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
How did you get into board games?

What's your major non boardgaming holiday?

And on a completely unrelated note
What's your birth date, middle name, and the last 4 digits of your social?

I was originally (very) into D&D, and those friends got me into Arkham Horror. (I always think I was very into D&D as I was forbidden from playing until I was 18 because of the DEVIL.)

I've probably played Arkham Horror 40 times or so. Great game for the time, but Eldritch blows it out of the water now!

I was born on 9/10/1981, I've never been married, and my social is WAITAMINUTE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.