Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to think that I know how to play this game. But everytime I actually sit down and play, a lot of questions come up. This time I decided to not just find some ruling, I could go with, but also ask you fellow geeks.

1) Talsia Xa'ndria - How does she move and attack?
Does she only move and attack when her fate dice show the darkness symbol or does she have one move and attack anyway?
How does her multiple move and attack action fit into the normal monster phase (first, all monsters move, then, all monsters attack)?

2) The Slaughterfield card 'Throw it on the ground' says 'Wipe out 1 monster-type in 1 HC'. Does it have to be the first HC after spawning the monster type or any one HC? Does the hero who owns the card have to do this alone or can other heroes contribute?

3) Hero cards that ignore attacks, like 'Now you see me' - can you play those after the dice are rolled (and the attack hit) or does it have to be before the attack?

4) Brigand combos - do you have to play all cards before resolving them or could you resolve one and then decide what to play next? (So you could for example see if your attack hit and play another attack if not.)

5) How do melee Ratlings move? Do they move adjacent to their target or stay in distance of their range 2 weapons (like ranged monsters do)?

6) When do enemies (e.g. Fire Iathi) use their special abilities that are not triggered by an attack?

7) Earth Iathi have two attacks and 4 fate dice. When both attacks hit, do they roll 4 or 8 fate dice?

8) According to the rulebook, the 'prone' condition for monsters lasts 'one darkness cycle', which is followed by 'This condition lasts one hero cycle'. So, how long does it last: Only until the end of the next (or current) darkness cycle? Or does it last two darkness cycles if both occur within one hero cycle?

Thanks for any answers or opinions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) i don't have my Taslsia card here to check

2) the same

3) you use this type of card AFTER, you dodge a successfull hit

4) you play card after card, you can change your plan of course
the combo keyword do 3 things :
you pay the AP cost at the very end (= you cannot be interupted by a DC)
you gain the combo bonus of the stealth card
you don't leave shadow until the very end (even if you hit with an attack)

5) they move until they can attack, but they are the intelligent type, they orginise themselves to maximize the number of rats that can attack (= if they need to stay closer to maximise the number of attacking rats they do it)

6) the monster do his whole turn, then he roll his FD and trigger is fate recipe from bottom to top

7) you do 1 attack then if you hit roll the 4 FD, then do the 2nd attack if you hit you roll 4 FD
You don't roll 8 FD at once, you roll 2 times 4 FD (in this case it wouldn't have changed the result but in some cases it could).

8) the target loose its next activation, if it is a monster it is the next DC, if it is a hero it is the next HC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A little spoiler about the Fire Iathi, he does not have a special anymore (2.0) but he roll 3 FD during his attack (this mean he must it now to trigger it) with the same effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, Endevor! That helps a lot.

Endevor wrote:
8) the target loose its next activation, if it is a monster it is the next DC, if it is a hero it is the next HC

Just to be clear: the next cycle could also be the current cycle, if it is in progress? For example, if a monster goes prone in the last action of a darkness cycle (an interrupt was played), the status is immediately removed when this darkness cycle ends. Right?
If it goes prone during the hero cycle, it stays prone throughout the hero cycle, until a darkness cycle occurs and loses the prone status with the end of this darkness cycle (even if the same hero cycle as before continues).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry i confused myself between 1.0 and 2.0, if you prone a monster in 2.0 after his attack you played badly yes since it won't have any real effect. If you prone him during HC he skip his next DC. If you prone him before his attack or before his movement in a DC he loose the remaining of this DC.

For the heroes, if you are proned during a DC triggered during the HC you cannot act until the end of the current HC, if you are proned during the DC trigered during a refresh phase you will miss the whole next HC.

I hope i am clear but i am in a rush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
I hope i am clear but i am in a rush.

Clear enough, all ambiguities resolved for me... Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the timing for Prone is messier than I realized. It would be so much easier (if maybe a little unbalanced) if it just simply cleared during the status results step of the refresh phase.

I guess that would make being Proned via a refresh phase darkness cycle very weak. I should probably update my status reference cards to clarify this timing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.