Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Board Game Circus we are translating board games for the German market (among other useful services for board game publishers and designers).

Today I have been asked if I know translators for other target languages and the answer is "No, I don't!" — I want to get past this and meet other people, professionals or hobbyists, that translate board games (be it occasionally or in your own company).

The next time someone asks me "Do you know a translator for X?" I want to say "Yes, I do!" — If you feel the same raise your virtual voice and make a mark.

Please mark your contribution to this thread with either "I will be at SPIEL!" or "I won't be at SPIEL but you now know where to find me."

-----

Board Game Translator Meeting
Friday 17:00 (5pm)
Atrium (between entrance WEST and entrance to Hall 3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
<- I do English -> German and if the need should arise one day I could do dialect as well I'll be in Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a professional German>English translator who has translated board games in the past. I would be interesting in coming to a meeting you hold at Essen.

I'm in Essen from Wed afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven De Tavernier
Belgium
ELLEZELLES
Hainaut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT !! Nice initiative !!!

I already made several (home-made) translations (never been asked by a publisher).
Check my contributions:
https://boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgame/all?username=sdeta...
https://boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgameexpansion/all?usern...
https://boardgamegeek.com/files/boardgameimplementation/all?...

I translate to DUTCH but can as well translate to FRENCH.
Languages I can translate from: English, German, French, Portuguese.

I WILL BE AT SPIEL'16 (but only on Thursdaycry)
Otherwise: YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Giant Kumquat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a copyeditor /proofreader, with only one game translation under my belt, but I'm still definitely interested.
Keep us posted!

Ps: I'll be in Essen from Wednesday to Saturday late afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some translation for Artipia games (English - German) - some are official published, some are only semi-official on BGG.

I would like to meet fellow translators.

Ciao

Martin

Edit about attendance of SPIEL'16: I will be there as every year. Most likely half of he time at the Artipia booth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there

I did the translations for Day & Night, proofreading for a Cwali game once and I translated the rules for Mi Tierra: New Era.

(Aside from constantly translating from German to English as soon as I type anything here ...)

So, yeah, consider me interested!

Also:
I will be at SPIEL!

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a professional Japanese -> English translator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Hommes
Netherlands
Dordrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done translations from Dutch to English and from English to Dutch, but unfortunately, I haven't yet been offered a board game project
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Saravia
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would gladly translate from english to spanish or spanish to english.

I will be at SPIEL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charalampos Tsakiris
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tranlate English -> Greek and vice versa
I allready did the translation of Steampunk Rally.

I will be at the Spiel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a translation for a prototype only for Peer and can only translate Ger <-> Eng, which I assume you can to. If you do a separate meeting let me know when I see if I can make it In addition I know a German <-> Bulgarian translator, but do not know her workload, as well as English <-> Bulgarian translator that also translates the "Through the Wormhole" series.

Edit: "I will be at SPIEL!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see so many responses, thanks everyone. Maybe you can do me a favour and edit your contribution by adding one line: "I will be at SPIEL!" or "I won't be at SPIEL but you now know where to find me."

I was assuming everyone who is going to read this thread will attend the fair but that is probably not correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Schira
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some Translations for "Essen the Game", "Ready to Rock"
and "Sushi Go the App".

I do english to german.

I will be at Spiel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
milenaguberinic wrote:
I am a professional Japanese -> English translator. :)

I know Mina will be at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corinna S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I translate Engl-German, both ways. Board games and magazines, I work for spielbox.
A meet-up would be great, thanks for posting and organising.
"I will be at SPIEL!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your replies wonderful geeks. So far I have counted 12 people attending SPIEL. I'd like to hear whether you prefer some sort of personal meeting (talking business and learning more about each other) or a quick group meeting. Or both.

Personal meeting: send PN, I am looking forward to that. Together we'll determine time and place for the meeting.

Group meeting: pick your favorite date(s)/time(s) on Doodle. Please use your BGG name/username, so we know it is you. Doodle link: http://doodle.com/poll/mcbhnh2eseruqfhc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm a retired (at 26, haha - switched to IT) professional translator, but for board games I'm always willing to make an exception. Used to do EN<->CZ and DE->CZ. Not sure I'll have time to meet though, as I'll be spending the majority of Essen helping out at the CGE booth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Not a professional translator, but I have translated pieces from English to Dutch and Dutch to English. I'm a journalist by trade and have written articles in Dutch and English. In a previous life I have written work instructions - which is essentially what board game rules are.

I will be in Essen, Wednesday to Sunday. I will be demoing games some of that time, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a professional English/Spanish to French technical translator and I've done a few projects in the boardgame field. You can find my biggest effort at jeux-icehouse (or through this geeklist: Icehouse games in French/Jeux Icehouse en français).

I won't be at Essen for the SPIEL, but please feel free to refer to me for any translation project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steel Whisper
Netherlands
Weesp
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm a professional English -> Dutch translator with 20+ years of experience in video games (all major brands and platforms) and about 2 years of experience in board games (Pandemic, Flick 'Em Up etc,).

I'm at Spiel on Saturday only but I'd love to meet other people and share info. I also get asked sometimes if I know people and I do, but in the video games industry mostly not in board games so if you are planning to compile a list I'd be very interested.

Best,
Arthur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
Group meeting: pick your favorite date(s)/time(s) on Doodle. Please use your BGG name/username, so we know it is you. Doodle link: http://doodle.com/poll/mcbhnh2eseruqfhc

Everyone who's interested in meeting should use one of these options to show their interest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do translations from Japanese/English to Italian.
I've never worked in the board game industry but would love to!

I will be at SPIEL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
snake2shake wrote:

Everyone who's interested in meeting should use one of these options to show their interest

I do need to have the booth schedule first, before I can note when I do have time available. But I see you on an other meeting for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Peat: For sure!

@those who doodled "I can't on any of these dates": feel free to suggest alternatives and I'll add them to the doodle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.