Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is the kind of card that looks neat on paper because it's resonate but that I doubt they'd print.

It basically reads: "Your Trooper or Droid gets an interrupt attack" because almost all hostiles are going to move in your LOS. So it'd probably need to cost 3 points because you could use it on IG-88 or the new Captain Terro. It would also slow the game down because you'd be interrupting your opponents movements, so you'd have to start playing by moving one space at a time and asking if there was an interrupt. Finally, the limit of 2 would make it really consistent for Trooper and Droid decks since you'd almost always draw 1 copy each game (and Troopers is already strong in the meta).

I think this kind of attack interrupt is fine if limited in scope, like Jyn Odan's ability, but it shouldn't be this cheap or widely available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Kouvo
Finland
flag msg tools
Good points, thanks. I was kind of basing/weighing this on the brawlers card "Parting Blow" (cost of two, limit of two). As far as the moving one square at a time: I don't think it's that critical when the interrupt is declared(?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tuoppi74 wrote:
Good points, thanks. I was kind of basing/weighing this on the brawlers card "Parting Blow" (cost of two, limit of two). As far as the moving one square at a time: I don't think it's that critical when the interrupt is declared(?)
Sure, your 2 points/2 cards limit is similar but Partying Blow has 2 key changes:

1) Parting Blow Stuns the figure playing it which is a huge difference especially for a melee character like most Brawlers. It means unless you're Bossk or have some other way to remove Stun you probably won't get an attack + move the next round. Your version doesn't have any downside like this.

2) Parting Blow requires a very specific trigger of a figure moving away from your brawler, which probably happens only once in an activation and only if the Brawler moves adjacent usually. Your card is written such that it could be triggered anywhere in a very wide area so the threat range is huge. Even if you know your opponent has it in hand it would be very difficult to play around. This is a big part of why the trigger matters.

So you've taken Parting Blow, removed 2 downsides, and made it work with a wider range of figures. That's why it would be overpowered.

At the very least it should probably be worded the same as Jyn's ability that only happens when a figure starts an activation within LoS of the Overwatcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.