Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to know if people discuss the cards they are going to place.

I know the rules state that you can discuss your cards and the order you are going to play them, but have found that if you go against the agreed play order and try to play havoc or get the loot, you tend to end up playing a duplicate card and having to discard your gems. Maybe its because I'm not as competitive or because I lost all 3 games, but I don't see it as an advantage to discuss the cards before hand.

We played a couple of rounds where we did not discuss the cards we where going to place, similar to GetBit, and I found these to be incredibly tense.

Have other played in this manner or do you stick to the default rules, in which case can you provide any tips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like announcing "I'm playing my 1", and then putting a card face down on the table.

Is it the 1? Is it not? Am I really so bold as to risk losing everything if people play a 1 also? Am I forcing people to use their high cards for us to win?

This is a game of psyching out your opponents as much as it is playing by the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.