Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: Questions about The 7'th necromancer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
per ekelund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
We started quest 1 yesterday and went through without any major problems even with wolfs instead of crows. No wolfbomination though.

Today I read quest 2 rules and wonder how this is thought to work. Next time we will start with 4 heroes from q1 who all are orange or red. There will also be three new players starting at blue level. The rules state that each zombie kill is normal xp - 1, i.e. walkers, runners, fatties give 0 xp. The only xp comes from killing abos which are 5xp - 1 = 4 xp. The problem with this is there are no weapons with damage 3 in the core deck. The only way to solve this if one of the three new heroes get a +1 damage later on. The rules also state that no heroes starting with plus one damage can be used so if we are lucky (we always pick heroes by random) we get one with plus 1 damage on orange but that means one hero has to take all 4 objectives to reach orange and the other two will move around on blue level without any chance of even reaching yellow. They will not be thrilled when they realize this !

Any suggestions from the questmaker or someone who has played q2 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam ko
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I understand the rules, the necromancers permanent effect is only active when the necro is on the board or has escaped, so you would still gain xp normally until the necro spawns.

You should probably asks directly in the original thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
per ekelund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Samko
This is what it says, exactly: Permanent effect:Experience provided from a zombie kill is reduced by 1.
There is no word about when this rule is in play or not, the headline is just Necromancer.
We could play as you suggest but if the necromancer comes early we are most likely f-cked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam ko
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's in the first post, in the "Necromancer rules" section :
PeskyThePhooka wrote:
All necromancers have 2 special abilities. The first ability is activated every time a necromancer card is drawn and is in addition to its regular effect; the second is always in effect as long as he lives but only takes effect when the necromancer first appears. Only the second ability remains in effect for the rest of the campaign if the necromancer can escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
per ekelund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
OK, thanks Samko for sorting that out for me.
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.