Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I'll be heading to the Balearic Islands with a couple of friends for a cycling holiday in a few weeks time.

I usually take some portable games to play in the evenings, and am looking for some fresh recommendations.

Last year (we usually do a tour every summer) I took Spyfall and it went down a storm, but there were five of us on last year's trip and I can't see Spyfall working well with three - very hard work for the spy!

Can anyone recommend any social deduction / interaction games that work well with three players and is light and portable? Fun and interactive is what I'm looking for. NB I've already got Love Letter and Citadels which are likely to make the trip.

Thanks,

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleuth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coup
And I quite like cooperative Codenames with 3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
... and am looking for some fresh recommendations.

809 games in your collection and that gets tough. Already my first 3 "maybe this" thoughts are in your collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
BANG! The Dice Game has rules for 3 players. And should you come across other people to play with then all the better!

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Jim Marshall wrote:

809 games in your collection and that gets tough. Already my first 3 "maybe this" thoughts are in your collection.

Still happy to hear your thoughts ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Throwing three light hearted games that we always take on holidays.
Bears! simple but effective mess with people's plans in game.
Dungeon Roll very quick dungeon romp where the other players can roll the minions you have to get past.
Now sit down and don't laugh at UNO . This is our holiday beast of a game. I admit to being a gaming snob sometimes but you can play this game anywhere . Bus,plane,train,airport,ferry,stood up with your bike,tiny little bistro table.nightclub,pub etc.etc if you bite on UNO check out the themed ones they often add a twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Red7 or Sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
TVis wrote:
Jim Marshall wrote:

Still happy to hear your thoughts ....

I remember Clans as the first, until finding it known to you already. Have to work harder to peg the other two.

Edit:
I think Cartagena also followed. Drop out "deduction" but it's still light and portable, and comparable in that each players' pawns all intermingle and have significance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Overton
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One Night Ultimate Werewolf works surprisingly well with three if you use the right combinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Dungeon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.