GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Axis Soviet Border: supply source and reinforcement?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olivier Ringot
France
flag msg tools
mb
My question is very simple: is the axis-soviet border (june 41) a friendly map edge for Axis?

In the combined example of play (page 22, rules book), it seems this border is a friendly map edge as it is used as a supply source.
Just above the second screen, it is written:
... to isolate Kiev and maintain his supply path to the western map edge (i.e., the mountain hex in Romania).

Moreover, in this example, it also seems that the 2nd Army (german) has been placed in this Romanian mountain hex.
It is not confirmed by the rule (7.6) as the 2nd Army is a turn reinforcement, not a recovering (shattered) Axis unit.

How is it possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Axis Soviet Border: supply source and reinforcement
ro_minet wrote:
My question is very simple: is the axis-soviet border (june 41) a friendly map edge for Axis?

In the combined example of play (page 22, rules book), it seems this border is a friendly map edge as it is used as a supply source.
Just above the second screen, it is written:
... to isolate Kiev and maintain his supply path to the western map edge (i.e., the mountain hex in Romania).

Moreover, in this example, it also seems that the 2nd Army (german) has been placed in this Romanian mountain hex.
It is not confirmed by the rule (7.6) as the 2nd Army is a turn reinforcement, not a recovering (shattered) Axis unit.

How is it possible?

Salut Olivier. Très bonne question!

This was an error in the first version of the rulebook for the GMT game.

The first version (VPG) of the game had a smaller map, where the supply was drawn to that closer border. I forgot to make the adjustment in that example of play for the larger GMT map. Sorry about that.

No Retreat!

This has been corrected in the last version of the rules:

Reprint Edition Rules V3

Reprint Edition Playbook V3

The reprint edition will also have revamped, clearer Event cards (Available separately from GMT games for $7.00):

Reprint Edition New Event Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Ringot
France
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Axis Soviet Border: supply source and reinforcement
Thanks, Carl, for your very quick answer.

So, if i understood well, the example given in the combined example of play (page 22) is right on the operational point of view (use of cards, encirclement, advance after combat, designated target and counterblow marker) but is wrong from supply and reinforcement point of view (german supply must come from Lvov and/or Odessa, if this last one is captured/ 2nd Army must be placed in a city in GG).
Right?

Just a small word: i discovered No Retreat series some weeks ago: quel système élégant, simple et profond!! Ma femme peut y jouer avec moi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ro_minet wrote:
Thanks, Carl, for your very quick answer.

So, if i understood well, the example given in the combined example of play (page 22) is right on the operational point of view (use of cards, encirclement, advance after combat, designated target and counterblow marker) but is wrong from supply and reinforcement point of view (german supply must come from Lvov and/or Odessa, if this last one is captured/ 2nd Army must be placed in a city in GG).
Right?

Just a small word: i discovered No Retreat series some weeks ago: quel système élégant, simple et profond!! Ma femme peut y jouer avec moi.

Yes!

And it's not wrong vs the first version of the game... whistle

BTW thanks for the good words. You are really a late comer! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.