$35.00
W arden
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I spent some time trying to find answer to this and some other errata(starting general pile) from the rules, so apologies if it has been answered in another thread.

first bit of confusion - rounds, vs moves, vs tickets

why is there up to 24 spots of movements on travel log if only need 22 rounds to win

why is there 23 tickets for detective if only need 22 rounds to win

assume the 2x movements have something to do with this confusion, but what if you do not use any 2x movements

is there in fact 24 rounds and not 22, but this would mean only mr x can move 24 times, detective has 23 tickets

o man, I'm so confused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warden0503 wrote:
I spent some time trying to find answer to this and some other errata(starting general pile) from the rules, so apologies if it has been answered in another thread.

first bit of confusion - rounds, vs moves, vs tickets

why is there up to 24 spots of movements on travel log if only need 22 rounds to win

why is there 23 tickets for detective if only need 22 rounds to win

assume the 2x movements have something to do with this confusion, but what if you do not use any 2x movements

is there in fact 24 rounds and not 22, but this would mean only mr x can move 24 times, detective has 23 tickets

o man, I'm so confused

There are 24 spots of movement in the log to account for the 2x moves by Mr. X. Thus using both 2x movements would still be 22 rounds, however 24 spots. If Mr X does not use 2x moves, it doesn't matter and the game will still end on the 22nd round.

I don't know why the dectectives are given 23 tickets. Older versions gave 22 tickets, so the game end would signify when the dectectives could no longer move. I'm guessing this newer version gave an extra taxi to give more flexibility for the detectives. The rules are explicit about ending after the 22nd round, so end the game when detectives have one ticket remaining each (unless they're already stuck and cannot move).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W arden
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
wonderful, thanks for quick reply, very helpful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.