$5.00
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to have an example or two of how bidding keyples and tile-use keyples interact now. So, let me take a stab at it. Sebastian and Richard (or playtester), are the following examples correct, and if not, why?

Example A:
Adam bids yellow for a tile.
Brittany uses the tile by placing blue and Sven on the tile.
The color for the tile is yellow, due to the bids, and thus all bids must be yellow (according to the 1st example in the rules), but because Sven is on the tile, the final group that uses the tile would be a trio that is any combination of blue and yellow (according to the 2nd example in the rules).

Example B:
Adam uses a tile with a red.
Brittany bids for that tile, and must bid red, so she bids 1 red.
Charlotte uses the tile with Paulo and a red.
This is basically the same situation as before: Further bids must be red, but further uses can be red and/or green.

Example C:
Adam uses a tile with Paulo.
Brittany bids for that tile, and must bid either green or red, because Paulo has merely established the color like Schrödinger's cat: green and red at the same time. So, she bids 1 green.
Charlotte uses the tile with green and a red, because Paulo's presence on the tile allows this (according to the 2nd example in the rules).
And now it is essentially the same situation as before: Further bids must be green, but further uses can be red and/or green.

Example D:
Adam bids Sven for a tile.
Brittany uses the tile, and wants to make sure it can only be used twice, so she places a group of 2 keyples on it. She must place either blue blue or yellow yellow on the tile (Sven limits the options to blue or yellow). She cannot place a group of blue yellow on the tile, because Sven is not on the tile.
She places blue blue. Now any further uses of and bids for that tile must be blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not anyone that you wanted to confirm this, but my understanding of the rules says all of these examples are correct.

If one of them is on the tile, everyone on the tile counts as either color. If one of them is in a bid, only those with them in their bid count as either color.

So in your example A:
The tile is yellow because of the bid. Sven's presence on the tile means any blues or yellows put onto the tile count as blue and yellow.

Example B:
Same thing, slightly different order of placement, but still the same thing.

Example C:
Yes, as you explained it.

Example D:
Yes as you explained it.

In my mind, so I can't over complicate the new rules, I am thinking of it this way.

There's a Boxing ring (the tile) and it has 6 sections of seats around it (the bidding areas). If either Sven / Paulo is in the ring, everyone in the ring counts as both colors. If Sven or Paulo are sitting in ring-side seats, then only those in their section count as both colors.

tl;dr
Nothing is changing with regard to how you can bid and use tiles, it's just how you determine the colors of keyples that are with Sven or Paulo that changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
It would be nice to have an example or two of how bidding keyples and tile-use keyples interact now. So, let me take a stab at it. Sebastian and Richard (or playtester), are the following examples correct, and if not, why?

Your examples are generally correct, however there is one point which I would add to Example D, namely that Adam is able to add both blue and yellow to his bid (although you're correct that other players will be limited to using blue).

I hope that this clarifies matters,

Sebastian Bleasdale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian Bleasdale wrote:
Your examples are generally correct, however there is one point which I would add to Example D, namely that Adam is able to add both blue and yellow to his bid (although you're correct that other players will be limited to using blue).

Aha! This is a very good and important point. Thank you for taking the time, making the clarification, and providing such a cool game, Sebastian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.