6 Posts

Fief: France 1429» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do captured Pope or King still have their privileges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł
Poland
flag msg tools
If pope is in captivity can he still use all his privileges like blocking cardinal promotions, cancelling marriages, excommunicating a lord?

Similarly can the king in captivity use his privileges e.g. granting titles for free?

Manual states that playing taxes by captured lord is still possible but does not mention these other specific features.

Another question: is it possible to relay captured lords between player's own lords (extending captured lord "movement"). Manual only says relaying units is not possible but I don't think it mentions relaying captured lords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can relay units or captured lords to the maximum of their own movement ability (+1 if ending movement with D'Arc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
comrade7 wrote:
If pope is in captivity can he still use all his privileges like blocking cardinal promotions, cancelling marriages, excommunicating a lord?

Similarly can the king in captivity use his privileges e.g. granting titles for free?

As far as I am aware, yes. The only thing they can't do are vote in elections, or be named a candidate for any position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
islan wrote:
comrade7 wrote:

As far as I am aware, yes. The only thing they can't do are vote in elections, or be named a candidate for any position.

they can't also do
- calm an uprising as bishop
- give birth to the prince as queen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
comrade7 wrote:

Yes, except that he cannot be candidate or vote in any election.
And if he is not a cardinal (only a bishop), he cannot calm a revolt (§1.4.1 of v2015 french rules release). Indeed a bishop must be on site to try to calm a revolt (that's why he can get killed if if he fails).

comrade7 wrote:

Yes, except that he cannot be candidate or vote in any election.
The rule doesn't disallow the queen to give birth to the crown prince if the king is prisonner and she is not. See § 1.8 : Can give birth to the Crown Prince, if the King is alive and she is not a Captive.

comrade7 wrote:
Manual states that playing taxes by captured lord is still possible but does not mention these other specific features.

See above.

comrade7 wrote:
Another question: is it possible to relay captured lords between player's own lords (extending captured lord "movement"). Manual only says relaying units is not possible but I don't think it mentions relaying captured lords.

The only phase where a lord can move (or be moved) is the move phase.
And a lord, even captured, cannot move (or be moved) more than 2 steps (3 with D'Arc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
sdric wrote:
- give birth to the prince as queen.

When I read this I thought, of course the pope can't give birth to the prince.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.