Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I've just finished the core of my game, but I've hit a snag and need some suggestions.

My game is similar to Urban Rivals in the sense that it is split in to rounds, then players take turns to go first using characters drawn at the beginning of the game.

With my game being so similar to Urban Rivals I wanted to add an extra mechanic to add depth.

My idea was a deck constructed by yourself from a pool. The cards would include traps, terrain, and power ups.

I'm struggling on when to allow players to place cards. I thought about between each of the four round, but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bruno
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hard to advise without knowing more about your game or being familiar with urban rivals.
You tried one thing, and it didn't work, I suggest trying a bunch more, even if the idea seems silly or unlikely to work. you may stumble across a good method or get inspired

first ideas that came to mind for placing cards; maybe write conditions into the cards, so they can be placed anytime if a condition is met. or maybe let them be placed in any turn, but they have a time delay, like you would place a card face down and could only "activate" it by flipping it on a conequent turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdaltgamer wrote:
hard to advise without knowing more about your game or being familiar with urban rivals.
You tried one thing, and it didn't work, I suggest trying a bunch more, even if the idea seems silly or unlikely to work. you may stumble across a good method or get inspired

first ideas that came to mind for placing cards; maybe write conditions into the cards, so they can be placed anytime if a condition is met. or maybe let them be placed in any turn, but they have a time delay, like you would place a card face down and could only "activate" it by flipping it on a conequent turn.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried about 6 ideas so far, and only one has worked in the way I want.

Basically cards can be played before each round, and are activated similar to traps. These are played before each round, and are activated by certain actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.