Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: FFG sleeve external dimensions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy W
msg tools
I've been lurking on the site for a while since picking up Eldritch Horror a couple of years ago - first time posting however, so if this should be elsewhere, apologies!

I'm thinking of getting some of the Fantasy Flight Games sleeves for Eldritch Horror - these being the clear Standard American and Mini American sizes (FFS03/FFS01 yellow/green packets). I've looked around quite a lot and found information on the thickness of them but it's remarkably difficult to find information on the length/width! I know they are for 57x89mm and 41x63mm cards (respectively) but I really want to know the external dimensions.

Could someone who owns a set provide the external length and width dimensions for the two types of sleeves?

While trying to find this information, I also saw a comment somewhere that the rear of the sleeves is actually 'frosted' rather than completely clear. Is that correct? If so, does it make the card back unreadable while in the sleeve? I'm thinking in particular of the Condition and Spell cards where the card back visibility is important!

Many thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guy,

While I am not in the vicinity of the sleeves at the moment (so I must beg off on providing external dimensions) I can tell you that the sleeves are neither frosted nor opaque. If no one else responds before I reach home late tonight, I will check back and fill in this blank.

I use these same sleeves for entire Arkham Horror collection, which uses the same sized cards, and I would be hard-pressed to use "frosted" to describe them - if I were to accede this, it would be "maybe" 2% frosted and 98% clear. You're aware they are in a sleeve, but in no way are you impeded from seeing the card clearly.

I am over 50 now and I have more difficulty with the size of the text on these cards than I do with appreciating the art on them through the sleeves!

P.S. FFG does make some sleeves that have a solid color background, where "not being able to see marks or bent edges" may be important to keeping the next card in a deck unknown. The ones you reference are not these kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy W
msg tools
James

Thanks, that's useful. I was surprised as despite looking in quite a number of places, I only saw one negative review that made the 'frosted' claim. What you describe is perfectly fine.

If no one else does first, I'd be very grateful for the dimensions when you have time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
External Dimensions

FSS03
93x60mm

FSS01
67x45mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy W
msg tools
Brilliant, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.