Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Urban Structures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Highrise elevators & some other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if I've missed this in the rulebook or elsewhere in the forum, but can you enter the highrise building via the lobby when the elevators are at the top floor? Can you spend AP to call the lift (closing its door) and enter it at the bottom? Or do you need someone at the top to close the door and send it down for you?

Secondly, is it possible to use the portable ladders and/or hydraulic platform from 2nd Story/Extreme Danger with this board? Would it unbalance the game? I'm not entirely happy with the idea of standing on a sidewalk next to a highrise block and knocking a hole in the wall at the top, presumably with a 200-foot pickaxe...

Thirdly, the fire escapes printed on the board at the outside of the building - are they just there for show?

I'm considering using house rules with hydraulic platform/portable ladders replacing the engine ladder, adding green fireproof doors at the top of the fire escapes, and treating the fire escapes as permanently placed ladders. The lack of an engine ladder (and deck gun) will make things a bit harder, and the fire escapes will offset that. Maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Yes, you can enter the building via the lobby when the elevators are at the top floor...it'll just take your whole turn if I recall correctly. 2AP to move the elevator down and 2 AP to enter the elevator from outside...then next turn you can spend 2 AP to go up

(2) You could certainly place your ladders where you poke holes in the wall. Just be sure to spend the appropriate AP to go down and you should be fine (I don't recall what the rules state anymore for the highrise...we rarely use this option when rescuing POIs in the highrise ). In short, you're just using the ladders as visuals.

(3) Fire escapes are just for aesthetic purposes - they have no in game function.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
My second question was more about trying to use a more 'realistic' system for representing ladder access, rather than just using the tokens as visuals. (Urban Structures appears to predate 2nd Story and Extreme Danger, so I suspect the more thematic portable ladder/window rules would probably have been involved if they'd been devised beforehand?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robinjohnson wrote:
Thank you!
My second question was more about trying to use a more 'realistic' system for representing ladder access, rather than just using the tokens as visuals. (Urban Structures appears to predate 2nd Story and Extreme Danger, so I suspect the more thematic portable ladder/window rules would probably have been involved if they'd been devised beforehand?)

I think they may actually be almost equivalent, as it takes 2AP to carry a victim down each section of the ladder...although you would have the 2AP cost to erect the ladder, which would be extra

Urban Structures does indeed pre-date the expansions with the ladders added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.