Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Tabletop Simulator Mod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Walter
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

i can't wait till November. So i decided to make a Tabletop Simulator Mod with all the information i can get. Now i need people to test the mod with me. I got the Gencon starter decks.
Add me on Steam, if you want play with me.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764462...

My Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963165582

Greets
Icekobra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Hoffman
msg tools
Tried adding you. Are you the Icekobra with the goblins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Walter
Germany
flag msg tools
yeah, thats me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric DA SILVA
msg tools
Tried to add you.
My name: Htrader/Eric avatar "dark side of the moon".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kirchhoff
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added you as a friend as well:

bkirchhoff

Can't wait to try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooohhh...this looks very cool! Is Tabletop Simulator user friendly? The controls have always looked a bit cumbersome which has discouraged me from buying into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Walter
Germany
flag msg tools
you will fast get used to it, it is not bad at all =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kirchhoff
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a chance to play this afternoon with Jacob.

Absolutely amazing.

One of the coolest things I've played online in a long time. I played a demo at GenCon... and I'm speechless after seeing the Mod that he's created for Tabletop Simulator.

Thanks for the opportunity. Can't wait to try it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yepp,

finally played with him aswell. Well done... as Jacob tends to do

Now we need more previews for Destiny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Walter
Germany
flag msg tools
Released the mod today =)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764462...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TTS is on sale currently through the Humble Store. Downloaded it along with the Destiny mod and I'm adding y'all if you don't mind. Looking forward to learning TTS and trying this out!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tabletop-simulator

Steam User: scomatt9 / Ibberben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Gallagher
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me why when I click and drag a card off the top of the deck, I can't see the card face. I tried pressing 'F' to flip the card and also tried the deck at the top of the screen in case it was a permissions issue. All I see is the card back, even when I press 'F'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gallaghertm wrote:
Can someone tell me why when I click and drag a card off the top of the deck, I can't see the card face. I tried pressing 'F' to flip the card and also tried the deck at the top of the screen in case it was a permissions issue. All I see is the card back, even when I press 'F'.

My guess (based on my limited experience) is that you might be dragging the card into a "hidden" area but haven't selected that as your player color. For example, if you drag a card into the red hidden zone, but you're not player red, then you won't be able to see the card, even if you flip it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Gallagher
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
gallaghertm wrote:

My guess (based on my limited experience) is that you might be dragging the card into a "hidden" area but haven't selected that as your player color. For example, if you drag a card into the red hidden zone, but you're not player red, then you won't be able to see the card, even if you flip it over.

I tried again and got it to work this time. Thanks for the tips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Henderson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How is this not a license issue? Isn't TTS a subscription based game?

And FFG allows this? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
QUEEN CREEK
United States
flag msg tools
@FRAHMINATOR
mbmb
KeatenPotatoes wrote:
FFG allows this? Just curious.

Cannot imagine it will be allowed for long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KeatenPotatoes wrote:

Ehhh...it's technically DEFINITELY not okay. That said, I am positive that FFG is aware of it. The tricky part is...TTS has been a great form of advertisement for this game. By the time the pre-release events hit, there was already a massive community of online gamers who played regularly, understood the rules, were able to pose questions to FFG that were essential to beginning the FAQ document that dropped on release day, and were ready to drop boat loads of cash on the game. While the TTS module operates outside the realm of "legal," it has so far only been good for the game. There's lots of TTS modules for other FFG games that have been operating for a while so I'd be surprised if this was ever taken down. Obviously a better solution would be for FFG to make official modules that they can charge for, but I'm assuming they've run a cost benefit analysis on that and determined it's easier and cheaper to just let the community take care of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any ways to get the files without getting them from Steam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would I be correct in assuming that once I've paid for Tabletop Sim, I should be able to play with any mods or add-ons (without additional cost) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samc1078 wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that once I've paid for Tabletop Sim, I should be able to play with any mods or add-ons (without additional cost) ?

Not quite. Many of them, yes. But several publishers have developed official TTS modules that require a paid subscription.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane York
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KeatenPotatoes wrote:

TTS doesn't charge a Sub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jestor wrote:
KeatenPotatoes wrote:

TTS doesn't charge a Sub.

Contrary to popular belief, not actually charging for the product (or only using it for "personal use" does not make it okay. Any time that an IP is being used without permission, and especially in such a way that it potentially impacts product sales for that company, it is unlawful. Of course there are provisions for parodies and stuff that can skirt this issue, but that has nothing to do with this. Again...these community made, free TTS modules definitely operate outside of the realm of legal fair use. I believe (and I think for now FFG would agree) that it has been only good for the game, but that doesn't mean it's technically okay. The author of this module does not have the right to reproduce or distribute these images, whether for free or not. Now whether or not a company like FFG chooses to go after the authors of these modules depends on whether or not they intend to create digital implementations of their product. I doubt very seriously that they intend to do that for Destiny, and therefore, litigating against a community member AND slowing the hype train surrounding their new game doesn't make much sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.