Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Tinney
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard if FFG has any interest in bringing the 1st edition scenarios into 2nd Edition? They are already written, so it could be cheaper than creating a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody knows for sure what is in store for MOM2, and I guess volume sales will eventually determine the fate of MOM2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have them spend their time on new and interesting content rather than trying to salvage the 1st edition scenarios. I don't think adapting those will be quicker at all. Besides, I'd feel cheated if they didn't even manage to create original content.
So, no. Not gonna happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Knowing FFG's business model they will make several scenarios available for purchase likely at around $3.99 a pop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Knowing FFG's business model they will make several scenarios available for purchase likely at around $3.99 a pop.

Yes. And no one would buy them if they were 1st edition ripoffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Alexander, I don't think they would be quicker at all. As the 2nd edition uses all new mechanics and gameplay they would need to be completely re-written from the ground up to make sure they fit with the new rules and are balanced.

Also if they did just convert old scenarios, they probably would not be as fun to play as a lot of people would know what is going to happen.

They could certainly use the basic plots of the old scenarios, but it would be just as easy to come up with a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seem possible, especially with the NPC allies from Call of the Wild being in the conversion kit. Tbh, I feel like Call of the Wild scenarios are the only ones really worth adding. Otherwise I'd much rather have new content and not make owning 1st edition even less unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just play 1st edition it's not like it's obsolete. Seriously why do people want those broken scenarios to ruin the app?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Yallow wrote:
Has anyone heard if FFG has any interest in bringing the 1st edition scenarios into 2nd Edition? They are already written, so it could be cheaper than creating a new one.

They're not already written. It's obvious to anyone that's played both 1E and 2E. The amount of text in one scenario of 2E is likely more than all five scenarios of 1E put together.

Plus two of the base game scenarios sucked. Yes, they could make them better, but again, that's more work. And Green Eyed Boy would be hard to do without the traitor cards (assuming we're catering for people who put the app up on a big screen).

And the net result would be scenarios that weren't of interest to many players because they'd already have played them. Unless they were changed loads, at which point, again, that's as much work as doing it from scratch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Yallow wrote:

The Dunwich Horror scenario is being redone for the Suppressed Memories expansion. If you already have Call of the Wild (and 2nd ed box) you will be able to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
In a year or so most people buying the game will no know of the original stories, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't return in a modified form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Whereas I generally agree that new scenarios are mostly preferable to 1st edition ones redone there are a few that could really be enhanced with 2nd edition. For example, the one set in a girl's school in the 1st edition base: combining the tiles from 1st and 2nd editions you could really create an excellent dormitory. There's now a total of 6 different bedrooms for example. Plus new tiles like the Lounge, the Ballroom.

The Time traveling scenario in 'Forbidden Alchemy' is a concept begging to be redone too. Imagine what you could do with that idea with the increased versatility of the App. ALL of the rooms could have their Interactions completely changed when you travel to a different time period and then back again when you travel back. Obviously there was much more limited scope in 1st edition which relied on stacks of cards placed on the map at setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.