Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During a recent play we got into a discussion about when an Attack Maneuver is complete. This is relevant since some Triskel cards (most notably the "Raid" Action Card) trigger after a player has performed an Attack Maneuver.

The question that arose was, does that card trigger 1) after the player indicates that they are attacking and who they are attacking or 2) after the player indicates their attack preference and then the the attacked player chooses to either remove a Clan from the board or discard an Action card?

I asserted (and it was ultimately agreed) that the Attack Maneuver ends only after the consequences of the Attack have been felt, i.e. option 2. The rules are not completely clear on this (though reading them in context suggests the result for which I argued).

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, after the player under attack has lost a clan or an Action card the attack is complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Talbot
Austria
Rust
flag msg tools
So, after playing "Raid" card, player under attack first losing his card/clan, and THEN ADDITIONALY gives his card/loses clan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Detailed timing of an Attack with a Raid being played:

- Orange says he attacks Blue.
- Blue loses a card or a clan. The attack manoeuvre is now complete.
- Orange plays Raid (played after conducting an attack).
- Orange takes one random Action card from payer B hand.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Talbot
Austria
Rust
flag msg tools
Yes, thank you!

And many thanks for such a great game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.