Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Maravola
United States
South Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my solution for Tyrants of the Underdark and my first foamcore organizer build.

First, I created a space to hold the cards. They are going to be sleeved in the very near future, so I made sure to make the card holder large enough to accomodate. Once they are sleeved, spacers will be added to separate the 4 half decks and the Core and Starter decks.

Immediately under the rules is a 10x10 tray that holds the Market board and the 4 player boards. Along the two edges are a couple of spots for VP tokens, white troops and the city tokens.

Under that tray is the main board.

And under that, 4 5X5 player trays with the inner circle, troops and a slot for the spies.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it look like there's room for card expansions with this design? Assuming they don't add other components besides half-decks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great Tony. If you're interested in making this for others, I would pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Maravola
United States
South Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Does it look like there's room for card expansions with this design? Assuming they don't add other components besides half-decks...

It does seem that way. I figure even sleeved, I should be able to get another 150 cards or so to fit comfortably. And if they add other houses to expand the game beyond 4 players, I'd just re-work the bottom trays so that they are a bit smaller (5x3 instead of 5x5) and don't include the Inner Circles (they can just go with the player cards an market board). But right now, I'm not worried about expansions, as they don't exist yet. I'll worry about them once we know what's in them (if they ever do expand them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies for the near duplicate post, but I find that adding the medium or large tags helps me see the detail without clicking into the individual photos.

SirNot wrote:
Here's my solution for Tyrants of the Underdark and my first foamcore organizer build.

First, I created a space to hold the cards. They are going to be sleeved in the very near future, so I made sure to make the card holder large enough to accomodate. Once they are sleeved, spacers will be added to separate the 4 half decks and the Core and Starter decks.

Immediately under the rules is a 10x10 tray that holds the Market board and the 4 player boards. Along the two edges are a couple of spots for VP tokens, white troops and the city tokens.

Under that tray is the main board.

And under that, 4 5X5 player trays with the inner circle, troops and a slot for the spies.

Enjoy!

Some questions for you, as I am new to foamcore builds:
- are there different qualities of foamcore, or are they all the same?
- what glue do you use to attach them?
- how thick was the foamcore?
- what's the height of the sides of the various trays?
-- it looks like the card sleeve has three sides "the depth of the box"
-- and the trays would be "half the depth of the box"

- any suggestions or tips on how to cut the foamcore in such a neat, straight line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Maravola
United States
South Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
My apologies for the near duplicate post, but I find that adding the medium or large tags helps me see the detail without clicking into the individual photos.

I'm new to building with foamcore, so I can't say definitively, but I can tell you there are varying thicknesses and different types of paper that are used. I went with the black .25 inch with matte paper on both sides. I didn't want to risk the glue not completely bonding with the glossy finished foamcore.

Quote:

Elmer's Glue-All. It's holding fast and was able to hold pieces in place as it dried.

Quote:

.25 inches

Quote:

The player trays and the tray that holds the market board and the player cars are 1 inch each. In order for it to all be flush at the end, I glued 2 additional layers under the market board to raise it up. The card box is the height of the box. Sorry, I don't remember off hand.

Quote:

All four sides of the card box are the same height. That piece at the back of the cards is just a temporary divider. Now that the cards are sleeved, I will be creating more of those size dividers and gluing them into place. The trays are about 1/3 the height of the box.

Quote:
- any suggestions or tips on how to cut the foamcore in such a neat, straight line?

A metal straight edge, a sharp hobby knife, a prayer and patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:

Have a look at this 3 part YouTube series by the legendary "Esoteric order of gamers":

https://youtu.be/3hfKaDX2P2k

Teaches how to make inserts.
Hope it helps!
Regards, Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.