Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advanced action reward question ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Cruz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey guys I'm back with one more question!

When playing solo, When you level up and get to receive a advanced action, must you take the one on the lowest position?
Also when you receive a spell or advance action as a reward in any other way, must you take the one on the lowest position?

Thanks so much in advance to whoever can answer this !! I'm loving Mage knight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Daoust
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IPGSgames wrote:
Hey guys I'm back with one more question!

When playing solo, When you level up and get to receive a advanced action, must you take the one on the lowest position?

Not if you pick on of your own skill token. However you have to take the lowest position if you pick the robot player's skill token.

Quote:

Also when you receive a spell or advance action as a reward in any other way, must you take the one on the lowest position?

Thanks so much in advance to whoever can answer this !! I'm loving Mage knight!

You can pick any in the offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Shelton
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short Answer: no to both

Longer Answer: Playing solo is no different in this respect than playing with other players: When receiving an advanced action or spell for any reason, you may select any of the three in the relevant offer, with one exception: if selecting an advanced action during a level up and you have chosen a skill token that is *not* one of the two you've drawn from your own pile, you must pick the AA in the lowest position.

So, what's different in solo? In solo, *after* you've taken a level up that involves your skill tokens and AA, draw one skill token for the dummy and place it in the skill offer. So, on subsequent skill/AA level ups you may select this skill (and in that case would be required to take the lowest position AA).

Secondly, when you "recycle" the lowest card in the AA and spell offers (ie place it on the bottom of the draw piles and add a new card to the top of the offers), in solo play, you instead take the lowest AA card and add it to the dummy, and you place a crystal of the color of the lowest spell card and give it to the dummy. The AA offer is still refreshed with an additional card and the spell offer otherwise is modified in the same way as normal (place the lowest card on the bottom of the draw deck and add a new spell to the top).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Cruz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.