Subject: Errata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have spotted a couple of inconsistencies in the updated material available on GMT website:
- Victory check procedure: the updated text in section 8.2 (step 5) of the rules is not reflected in the errata for the player aid (under Three-fold player aid card).
- Evade: on page 12 of the rules, it is clarified that the family can go to area 6 or Canyon de Chelly on a modified roll >= 7. The updated Enemy/Tribal Raid Flowchart only allows this possibility with an unmodified roll of 6.

Related to the second point, can a family go to Canyon de Chelly if it attempts evading a tribal raid and gets a modified roll >= 7? The Flowchart again allows for this only with an unmodified roll of 6 but it seems that the spirit of the rule here should be similar to evading an enemy raid.

EDIT: The answer is yes, I should have double checked the rules So only my comments above remain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules have been updated but not the player aids/flowcharts that come with the game (at least as far as I am aware).

If the Living Rules on the GMT website differ from the material in the box then always go with what the Living Rules say. That's true for all GMT games with Living Rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, this is understood... I am referring to the online material.
The first point in my post suggests to update the online errata, and the second point to update the Flow Charts (which are available online by the way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boulou wrote:
Related to the second point, can a family go to Canyon de Chelly if it attempts evading a tribal raid and gets a modified roll >= 7?

Yes. From the errata:

Quote:
Evade Player Reaction [Clarification] - If the modified die roll is a 7 or higher, place in Area 6 or into any Area of the Canyon de Chelly Territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks EV, indeed this is the rule point I was referring to in my OP. But I should have re-read the whole section again as I was wrongly assuming it applies only to enemy raids!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blush

I guess I need better glasses... I misread "tribal" for "enemy"

Anyway, until Joel says otherwise, my personal opinion is that the fix/change was meant to be a general one, applied to all the evasion rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the embarrassment forced me to re-check the living rules: Rule 5.1.1 says that the Reactions are responses to Enemy and Tribal Raids; Rule 5.2.4, page 12, has been amended to

Quote:
if a modified “7” or higher is rolled, either place the Family in Area #6, or into any Area of the Canyon de Chelly Territory

like the errata doc says.

My self esteem has been restored

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.