Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Can the game end in draw? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Me and my gf both ended with 27 victory points each, 4 Provinces and 3 estates each. Is it a draw or is there something we can do to determine a winner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandonboards wrote:
Me and my gf both ended with 27 victory points each, 4 Provinces and 3 estates each. Is it a draw or is there something we can do to determine a winner?

Possibly.

Rules wrote:
If the highest scores are tied at the end of the game, the tied player who has had the fewest turns wins the game. If the tied players have had the same number of turns, they rejoice in their shared victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the highest scores are tied at the end of the game, the tied player who has had the fewest turns wins the game. If the tied player have had the same number of turns, they rejoice in their shared victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fell
United States
East Patchogue
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D Bo wrote:
If the highest scores are tied at the end of the game, the tied player who has had the fewest turns wins the game. If the tied player have had the same number of turns, they rejoice in their shared victory.

Man I wish I did not see this thread. I have been playing Dominion for years and a tie was a tie. I never liked ties. This rule in the end will just add another layer of emotional stress to to a game ending in a tie. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D Bo wrote:

Remember, you have to rejoice. I mean, really rejoice like you mean it. If you don't you are breaking the rules and the other person wins. Really, it should say that whoever rejoices the most wins in the case of a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always found that phrase a bit funny because a tie is by its very definition not a victory...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
I've always found that phrase a bit funny because a tie is by its very definition not a victory...

Nah. It's still a victory over players 3 and 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D Bo wrote:

I heard somebody say with general eurogames that with ties, players hold hands, skip down the sidewalk, and rejoice in their shared victory. He was joking, but that's managed to stick with me all these years
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.