$5.00
$20.00
Gabrielle
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm playing the volcano island scenario, which states I have to put a "minus one pawn" token on the exploration action field, where it has to stay until the end of the game.

I got the protective amulet from the mystery cards, which states I can remove (one use) ANY token from the board.

Did I get lucky here? Or am I not allowed to remove the "minus one pawn" token?

I decided to remove it, thinking I'm the luckiest treasure hunter on a volcanic island but I thought I would check with the community to know if I made a mistake or not...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
Hmm. That's a good one and depends on who you ask.

According to the FAQ, the amulet removes a token FROM ANY TILE. As the Exploration Action field is not a tile, removing it would be an illegal move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrielle
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds legit if indeed the board is considered to be the island only.

Which FAQ are you referring to? I looked up two of them after you answered me and could not find a clear rule about it:

1) http://tesera.ru/images/items/385923/RC_FAQ_v1_ENG.pdf

2) https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/105968/comprehensive-faq-...

In the second one, it seems there's some confusion between the Z-Man and the Pegasus editions.

I guess it's part of this game, as you said, it depends on where I get the info...

I have to admit it was a conflictual move to make, I felt partly like I was cheating the game, partly like I was super lucky to get this combo

Thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
I've only ever seen the FAQ here in the files section so that's the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a good example with the frustration I feel since I've gotten back into board gaming after being away for 30+ years. It seems as if "modern" games are released while still in beta! You spend good money on a game and you end up getting half-thought-out rules, or just a brief suggestion of rules. Then after the customers suggest fixes for the inadequacies, the game developers want to sell you an "updated" game! Not just picking on RC...too many modern games are like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
This is a good example with the frustration I feel since I've gotten back into board gaming after being away for 30+ years. It seems as if "modern" games are released while still in beta! You spend good money on a game and you end up getting half-thought-out rules, or just a brief suggestion of rules. Then after the customers suggest fixes for the inadequacies, the game developers want to sell you an "updated" game! Not just picking on RC...too many modern games are like this.

Well, I think the problem lies more in translation from other languages, or rulebooks that, while seemingly straight forward to those that know the game, aren't as straight forward as they thought, or end up having gaps that Rules Lawyers find loopholes within.

I know I personally WAY overthink things in some games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ward
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, so the card says any token from the board, but the FAQ makes it any token from any tile?

That's a massive discrepancy, but it's Robinson Crusoe so I'm not surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
yup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.