Seeland» Forums » General

Subject: buying this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone thinking of buying this game, at the $15-20 price point, this game is a steal. Its a great fun lighter game with a lot of fun choices and maneuvering. We bought this a few months ago, and have loved it ever since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
What makes you love it? Which side of the board do you like better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the blue side, but place the island tiles face up to make it more tactical, and also of course play with the governors.

We just played it last night with a couple who are not gamers, and I think whats fantastic about it is that its interesting enough to hold our attention, but simple enough to teach non-gamers while also introducing them to some interesting mechanics they may not have seen before. Its also just fun to score big points!

Overall it is just a great example of a simple clean game that is fun to play with a wide variety of people. We had a lot of fun playing, and for the price, this is a no brainer for us to keep in our collection. : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can second this. Super impressed after one play. Very easy to teach, lovely to look at, and fun gameplay with real decisions. I believe with the random set up this is a similar weight to ticket to ride or Catan, but with the other side of the board (no random island tiles) this is a deeper game, closer to medium weight. I'm not sure one way is better, just depends what you're in the mood for. I love that it's that versatile depending how heavy of a game you're wanting!

I do recommend playing with the governor and records straight off. Very easy and make the decisions more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.