BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: How blacks treat the police in Chicago. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: oCTAVIAN_WORSE_THAN_hITLER [+] [View All]
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb

There was yet another murder in Chicago. When the police showed up to help, this was (and is) the reaction of the people who live in the neighborhood. Pretty clear why the police treat black males differently than others. So to the assholes who tell me I am racist for fearing the majority of black males in Chicago, watch the video. These youth are on buses, trains, and on the street around me. Damn right I am nervous.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/zorn/ct-rhymefest...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

There was yet another murder in Chicago. When the police showed up to help, this was (and is) the reaction of the people who live in the neighborhood. Pretty clear why the police treat black males differently than others. So to the assholes who tell me I am racist for fearing the majority of black males in Chicago, watch the video. These youth are on buses, trains, and on the street around me. Damn right I am nervous.

Wow...that's disturbing.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

Wow...that's disturbing.

Ferret

Agree....The point I was trying to make is I am being called a racist....by friends and even family. I now say WTH! I am. I am one of a few white folks that ride the cta (public transit) to Midway (airport) daily, and to be honest I am fricken nervous. "Kids" smoking, yelling, fighting, etc. My only saving grace is I am an old fart and may not be worth messing with any more. What bugs me is the people that chastise me do NOT live near me or near black areas that I traverse. I would love it they would ride with me for a day and see what I encounter daily.

END RANT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know it's odd, I do not live near a black are and see this too, from white kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
You know it's odd, I do not live near a black are and see this too, from white kids.

Yeah, Chicago is the same as the lilly white island you live on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Wow. I can honestly say I have never seen a "group" of white kids taunting and threatening a group of police that are in the neighborhood to investigate a murder.

I am curious to know what situation caused a group of white teenagers to verbally abuse and "threaten" the police????

Edit: This is also from a group that claims the police treat them differently and unfairly. Maybe this is why??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

Wow...that's disturbing.

Ferret

Agree....The point I was trying to make is I am being called a racist....by friends and even family. I now say WTH! I am. I am one of a few white folks that ride the cta (public transit) to Midway (airport) daily, and to be honest I am fricken nervous. "Kids" smoking, yelling, fighting, etc. My only saving grace is I am an old fart and may not be worth messing with any more. What bugs me is the people that chastise me do NOT live near me or near black areas that I traverse. I would love it they would ride with me for a day and see what I encounter daily.

END RANT

I used to love taking the Metro around the DC/Virginia area....very fast, very efficient.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've committed the logical fallacy of equating some young black men congregating at the scene of a crime with "blacks". That is racist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Wow. I can honestly say I have never seen a "group" of white kids taunting and threatening a group of police that are in the neighborhood to investigate a murder.

I am curious to know what situation caused a group of white teenagers to verbally abuse and "threaten" the police????
My mistake I assumed you would have realized I mean of course your story.

They pick on fire engines

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/firefighters-attacked-w...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11580551.UPDATED_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
You've committed the logical fallacy of equating some young black men congregating at the scene of a crime with "blacks". That is racist.

https://pjmedia.com/blog/out-of-control-chicago-murders/

To date over 2800 black on black murders in Chicago. Fact or racist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I tried to equate a group of white guys in white hoods yelling at black people with "whites" you might see the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

This is in ENGLAND. And if I lived in that neighborhood in England I would be a racist against English Hooligans too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

This is in ENGLAND. And if I lived in that neighborhood in England I would be a racist against English Hooligans too.
Yes, where I live, hence why I said I see things like this bullshit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
If I tried to equate a group of white guys in white hoods yelling at black people with "whites" you might see the problem.

Yelling at the POLICE. The fricken police.

Yes, assholes yell at each other all the time...and fight...and kill each other.

The blacks claim abuse by the POLICE yet this is how they treat the police that are there to help them.

And IF the KKK yells at the police when they are there to help a victim of a crime, they are asshats!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

Not a fact, there were 487 murders. But who cares? Poor people with nothing to lose in record hot temperatures killing each other. Our country has a tradition of keeping black people the poorest of our poor. I bet if you look at middle class black neighborhoods you aren't going to find near as many murders. That is the problem with racist delineations. You ignore the more realistic common denominators for an obvious one that makes no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Sorry - got it.

But if you think these hooligans are ass holes and avoid them I do not think that makes you racist. You see them, you know who they are, and you avoid them! Well, or you fight them......Maybe you are a hooligan racist??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
And IF the KKK yells at the police when they are there to help a victim of a crime, they are asshats!!!!
Right, but does it make the "whites" asshats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

Not a fact, there were 487 murders. But who cares? Poor people with nothing to lose in record hot temperatures killing each other. Our country has a tradition of keeping black people the poorest of our poor. I bet if you look at middle class black neighborhoods you aren't going to find near as many murders. That is the problem with racist delineations. You ignore the more realistic common denominators for an obvious one that makes no difference.

OK...I will bite.

Please show me a poor white neighborhood that has the same murder rate as black neighborhoods in Detroit, Chicago, Washington. And YOU are right....2800 shootings, not all dead/murdered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
How whites treat blacks in Chicago.

See the problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Sorry - got it.

But if you think these hooligans are ass holes and avoid them I do not think that makes you racist. You see them, you know who they are, and you avoid them! Well, or you fight them......Maybe you are a hooligan racist??
Sorry but you cannot avoid them on the bus (for example).

The problem (as you demonstrated here) is when presented with "I encounter equally bad white thugs all the time" you dismiss it as if to say "but only blacks are thugs". It;s not your going on about thugs, it;s that you seem to only care about black one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
Right, but does it make the "whites" asshats?

Yes, the KKK....whites in the KKK are ASSHATS. If I see someone in white robes burning a cross I avoid and fear them too!! That is my fricken point....you know and can see who is likely to cause someone harm. So I am KKK racist too!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
The blacks claim abuse by the POLICE yet this is how they treat the police that are there to help them.

So here's the core problem. Those individual black people are yelling at the police.

I am reasonably sure there are black people out there who, you, do not do that. Who lead good lives, raise their kids right, all that sort of stuff.

A lot of them can -also- be unhappy about how they the police treat them. They get treated like that because of the thought process above, even though they have no part in it.

Which is sort of where the problem comes in. Is it right to punish the innocent for the actions of the guilty? Where do you draw the lines for when it is okay? Like, if a certain percentage of a group is prone to crime, is it cool to act more aggressively with all of them? What number? Etc, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Sorry - got it.

Sorry but you cannot avoid them on the bus (for example).

The problem (as you demonstrated here) is when presented with "I encounter equally bad white thugs all the time" you dismiss it as if to say "but only blacks are thugs". It;s not your going on about thugs, it;s that you seem to only care about black one.

Because that is what I deal with! When/if a group of English thugs come to the U.S and rob and steal I will be anti-English too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wise ol Gnome wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

OK...I will bite.

Please show me a poor white neighborhood that has the same murder rate as black neighborhoods in Detroit, Chicago, Washington. And YOU are right....2800 shootings, not all dead/murdered.
Quote:
We turn our attention once again to the city of Chicago, where, as of this writing, 2,858 people
People, not blacks. The article does not break it down by race or district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

So here's the core problem. Those individual black people are yelling at the police.

I am reasonably sure there are black people out there who, you, do not do that. Who lead good lives, raise their kids right, all that sort of stuff.

A lot of them can -also- be unhappy about how they the police treat them. They get treated like that because of the thought process above, even though they have no part in it.

Which is sort of where the problem comes in. Is it right to punish the innocent for the actions of the guilty? Where do you draw the lines for when it is okay? Like, if a certain percentage of a group is prone to crime, is it cool to act more aggressively with all of them? What number? Etc, etc.

1. I agree
2. I agree that protesting an issue with non violence, threats, looting, blocking traffic, pulling people out of cars and beating them is fine.
3. If the majority of a group is prone to crime, it makes sense to be more cautious around them. It is human nature.
4. I also think the police are treated "poorly" 100 percent of the time in the neighborhood shown in the video....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.