Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone.
I love this game, and so does my game groupe. We use all modules except for the board expectations. So thank you again Luke Morris for this wonderfull game.

In fact my groupe love it soo much that they asked me if we could make more teams per league in order to make it more interesting and longer seasons.
I can't see why not, apart from the fact that obviously we'll have to create new teams, and allso to re-adjuste the budget and the training periods.

That is why I've suggested to go to 16 teams per league, while doubling the sponsor budget and training period (except for form training).
For league and cup prizes we've yet to decide if we simply add intermediate levels (ie add a 9 Million Bonus for the "new" 2nd in premier Div), or add more to lower position 9-16.
The real problem is creating "new" clubs statistics, and also where they should go in the relative leagues.

Any idea how I should proceed? I have done the average for the teams in each division, both Home and away, and also full or deplited. I've also done the max/min for attack and defence in this way.
I thought to do 5 rolls for each new team on the 'league evolution' charts, starting with the average rating of the league, but then realised that all teams would be ruffly the same between atk and defence (ie not like Paris and Athens).
An other way would be to 'double up' teams (ie, 2 Paris), and roll on the league evolution charts for differences
Any help would be wellcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the lovely words! Glad you guys are really enjoying it and thinking up new ways to play.

I would consider "doubling up" the teams, maybe altering each of the stats by 0.5 or something (one up, one down) to create different but similar teams.

If that works then you can always look at a more indepth way next time you want larger leagues.

In fact if that works well for you then please feel free to upload a file with the larger league teams so we can all use it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, I'll try this, and I will up load a file if its works out.

Just to let you (Luke Morris) know, we'll also try out this time to integrate the Youth Team Coach along side the YT module (we are thinking of intergrating it like giving you 2 extra points for upgrading youngsters, with a max of 3 per player (ie: 2 "normal"+1 extra)). And also we'll slightly modify the existing "discipline" module to fit the amount of matchs (initialy thinking for each footballer along the lines: 4 yellows=1suspension, then next 3 yellows=2susp, 2y=3, and then for every following yellow 4 automatic suspension).
Anyhow I'll let you know how everything works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone (and specially you Luke Morris)

Just a quick up-date.

What we (my gaming group and I) have done is that we followed your suggestion in "doubling" up the teams, but with a plus

For each team we left an "original" team, and for the "new" ones we rolled the standard D6 3 times; Once for the Goaly, once for Defence and finaly once for Attack.
We modified each stat accordingly to the Dice Rolls following:
1-2 : -0,5 to stat
3-4 : no modification
5-6 : +0,5 to stat

Overall each division stayes interesting and equal, but allows a bit more flexabelity and more teams.

My group finds it works rather well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I'm pleased to hear that and it should have created a nice spread of teams and abilities.

Very glad you did it and let us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane heed
France
Vaugneray
flag msg tools
mb
You're welcome!

We are actually giving it a try in an other way. If it works I'll let you all know here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.