Popular Tags: [View All]
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received a note that CoolStuffInc won't be receiving Kreo and thus refunded my pre-order.

Also found this note on their website:
CoolStuffInc wrote:
Pre-Order Notes: Product has been cancelled

Any idea what happened? Did CMON decide not to publish in the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
marstiller wrote:
Just received a note that CoolStuffInc won't be receiving Kreo and thus refunded my pre-order.

CoolStuffInc wrote:

CMON sent me a note earlier stating that the game is going to have a name and package change, so I assume that CSI doesn't want to keep you on the hook for a game that doesn't match what you thought you were getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
marstiller wrote:

CoolStuffInc wrote:

CMON sent me a note earlier stating that the game is going to have a name and package change, so I assume that CSI doesn't want to keep you on the hook for a game that doesn't match what you thought you were getting.

Thanks.

Over/under on them changing it to include Arcadia Quest in the name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very strange. The art is very nice and the theme is not one that's been overdone. When I played a demo of it at CMON Expo, what I was playing looked like a finished copy. I just assumed getting it produced was a formality.

It's a nice co-op, I liked it a lot, and part of that was the creation theme. A lot of the stuff is all tied together with that, so I wonder what the heck they will even re-theme it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
Very strange. The art is very nice and the theme is not one that's been overdone. When I played a demo of it at CMON Expo, what I was playing looked like a finished copy. I just assumed getting it produced was a formality.

It's a nice co-op, I liked it a lot, and part of that was the creation theme. A lot of the stuff is all tied together with that, so I wonder what the heck they will even re-theme it to.

Not positive it's a theme change. WEM just noted that it was a name and package change. The name change could be the sole reason for the package change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told that the new name is going to be Kreus - probably because there is already a game called Kreo out there.

Edit: name changed on BGG now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.