Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lavallee
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, alive and embarrassed is better than dead.

It allows for another chance for redemption!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NotANerd wrote:
Who comes in last place?

1. Someone who killed a monster (has prestige), but is dead

2. Someone who has no prestige, but is alive at the end of the game

Dead Players are absolutely last in ranking, even if they had a mountain of Prestige. A total player kill (which happens often enough) views all players as losers equally no matter how much Prestige they may have earned. Dead is dead.

Likewise, a player who is alive and has no prestige WINS if everyone else is dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NotANerd wrote:
Who comes in last place?

Just for clarification, this came up because I was giving Ally a hard time for finishing with ZERO prestige. She retorted that at least she didn't die! I said well at least I did something with my life. Etc.

I personally feel more satisfaction for having lived a rich and eventful life with many (well, at least one) great accomplishments (3 Prestige!) than sitting on the sidelines, withering away into obscurity without anyone noticing. yuk

(And, yes, of course if she were the lone survivor with zero points she'd be the winner.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rdjanssen wrote:
NotANerd wrote:
Who comes in last place?

Just for clarification, this came up because I was giving Ally a hard time for finishing with ZERO prestige. She retorted that at least she didn't die! I said well at least I did something with my life. Etc.

I personally feel more satisfaction for having lived a rich and eventful life with many (well, at least one) great accomplishments (3 Prestige!) than sitting on the sidelines, withering away into obscurity without anyone noticing. yuk

(And, yes, of course if she were the lone survivor with zero points she'd be the winner.)

Ah... but remember this: Reread the backstory of the game. The prestige total means nothing but who gets the first pick of treasure -- thus gaining the 'one ring' or other super powerful relic named in this game. The only thing that matters is earning the right to possess that item. If everyone else is dead (Gollum), then the precious is ours!

That is why dead player's prestige is worthless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.