Julien Suzor
Netherlands
Uithoorn
flag msg tools
If Professor X has captured heroes from the Lair with the command strike and afterwards the plot twist comes up. Do you KO all the heroes captured by Professor X?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could post the wordings of the cards, that would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Suzor
Netherlands
Uithoorn
flag msg tools
My apologies. Professor X command strike states:"choose two of the highest allies in the lair. stack them next to professor X as telepathic pawns. Professor X gets +1 for each ally stacked next to him."

X-cutioner's song Twist states: "KO all heroes/villains captured by enemies. the play another card from the villain/adversary group"

So are the allies next to professor X considered captured is my question.

thank you for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so since the command strike doesn't use the word "capture".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question, but I think Davy's probably right. In this game, wording matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards next to Prof. X are not captured (as others have said, wording matters). If that feels like semantics to you, Look at the special rules for the scheme and for Prof X.

Scheme Special Rules: wrote:
Whenever you play a Hero from the Villain Deck, that Hero is captured by the closest enemy to the Villain Deck. Each Villain gets +2 Attack for each Hero it has. When you fight an enemy, gain all the Heroes captured by that enemy.

Prof X Command Strike: wrote:
Choose the two highest-cost Allies in the Lair. Stack them next to Professor X as "Telepathic Pawns." Professor X gets +1 Attack for each Ally stacked next to him. Players can recruit the top Ally in the stack next to Professor X.

Each set of cards give different bonuses and are treated differently in how you can gain them. They should not be considered the same thing

You can't recruit captured heroes away and you don't gain telepathic Pawns when you beat Prof X.

They just so happen to use the same type of card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Suzor
Netherlands
Uithoorn
flag msg tools
thank you for clearing that up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.