Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Kohlar's Battle Cruiser up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look like the ship gets an extra shield over the Gr'Oth.

Everything else looks ok but looks like T'Greth is a must have for Klingons. Put him in the same fleet as Admiral Gowron, good times.

(http://wizkids.com/attackwing/2016/08/31/star-trek-attack-wi...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ship is pretty cool. It has 3 shields where the GrOth only has 2, which explains why it is a D7 that cost 20 points. The ship has a neat ability too. This may become the ship of choice for Kor in my TOS games

Kohlar is ok, but probably better on something bigger like a Neg'Var or K'Vort

KUVAH'MAGH could be a 5 point discard I might think of using, especially with Kor or Kruge because they add an extra crew slot.

Morak could be usefull if you need to make sure your ship survives a round of shooting. I would like him better if he was 4 points. Konmel still beats him as a repair mechanic though.

Here is the star of the pack, T'Greth, with this guy and Gowron in the same fleet Klingons will be past the days of being starved for BS. I hate to say that a prize pack has a must have but this guy is the answer that Klingons have been asking for. The Aux token is not that big of a deal, Klingons have plenty of green on their dials.
[/img]http://wizkids.com/heroclix/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/...[img]

Ch'Rega, not bad for 2 points, especially if you consider the fact she is a disable not a discard PLUS she disables 2 enemy crew thumbsup
[/img]http://wizkids.com/heroclix/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/...[img]

This is a great pack for Klingons thumbsup Not sure what is up with the last two cards. For some reason it only copies the link and not the image. Oh well, the link works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowers
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
This is a great pack for Klingons thumbsup Not sure what is up with the last two cards. For some reason it only copies the link and not the image. Oh well, the link works.

You may or may not have your img and /img tags flipped ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
T'greth seems ideal for Kor8.

I actually think Ch'rega is a solid crew.

The ship text is amazing and comes on a ship that is trash in any matches not limited to TOS and earlier.

Captain is a cool idea for a negh'var.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Lee
msg tools
Morak's second ability is huge. It allows you to enable shields while still having the cloak token. This seems to imply that you have cloak defense dice benefit while having shields, which I thought wasn't possible.

If this is true, this would be amazing on the Scimitar, Negvar, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3229&p=7687&h...

the last post in that WORF thread would suggest that it does not gain its shields while cloaked. Re-enabling shields drops the cloak, at least this is how it was ruled from Prototype 01.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I would agree that, generally, raising shields drop cloak. I am just confused as to why it says it merely flips the cloak to the red side at that point. it seems like an unnecessary step if you just remove the token immediately anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
WORF has ruled before that card text trumps the rule book. The linked issue was a specific series of cards trying to gain shields and cloak at the same time, not one specific card. The way I read it, you'd get the activated shield tokens, flip your token to red keeping your bonus defense dice, continue with the rest of the round, then remove the cloak token during clean-up. Anyone see that as something different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nlee04 wrote:
WORF has ruled before that card text trumps the rule book. The linked issue was a specific series of cards trying to gain shields and cloak at the same time, not one specific card. The way I read it, you'd get the activated shield tokens, flip your token to red keeping your bonus defense dice, continue with the rest of the round, then remove the cloak token during clean-up. Anyone see that as something different?

As written on the card, I agree with your interpretation. Specific cards can, and do, trump the rule book. It even says that IN the rule book.

However, WORF also ruled that Admiral Liviana Charvanek's "place a [Cloak] Token beside your ship" means that you can still be Target Locked, even though the token is explicitly placed beside your ship instead of on the base.

Because of so many badly-worded cards, you can't always assume that a WORF ruling will match the wording written on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Bono
msg tools
I'm having a little trouble understanding why T'greth is a must have when we already Drex/N'Garen/Admiral Gowron - would someone mind explaining it to me? I recognize that a proper BS token has the advantage of being offensive or defensive, but skipping the APT for the same SP (for Drex / N'Garen in particular) seems fine for the crit possibility and lack of defensive capability - but I'm still pretty green around the gills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
littleshiplives wrote:
I'm having a little trouble understanding why T'greth is a must have when we already Drex/N'Garen/Admiral Gowron - would someone mind explaining it to me? I recognize that a proper BS token has the advantage of being offensive or defensive, but skipping the APT for the same SP (for Drex / N'Garen in particular) seems fine for the crit possibility and lack of defensive capability - but I'm still pretty green around the gills.

Klingons do not have very many defensive options. They have some higher skill captains but it is not uncommon see opponents with 1 or 2 captains with skills of 11 or higher. Drex/Nagaren are great but it also helps to have that extra insurance on defense. Having only one defense die naturally and very little quality to being cloaked has hurt Klingons since we started seeing high attack numbers with quality around the time of the Borg release. It is fairly easy to see an Enterprise A with 7-8 quality dice shooting before a Klingon.

With T'Greth and Admiral Gowron in the same fleet Klingons will have a defensive boost that they have been lacking for a while. Before these two came out Klingons only access to BS was from 5 point discards, one of which was only available in an expensive prize pack. Martok 8 and Gowron also allow you to use Drex/Nagaren along with a BS.

Klingons have s decent amount of green on their dials so the Aux can be mitigated. They also have a few cards that allow for extra movement so you will not always be predictable.

I'm not saying Drex/Nagaren are going to be left in the box, but being able to have consistent BS on two different ships in a Klingon fleet is going to be big for them. Well for those of us who like faction pure anyway, the Picard/Dukat Vor'Cha combo has remained a decent build in unrestricted play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Bono
msg tools
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
littleshiplives wrote:

Klingons do not have very many defensive options. They have some higher skill captains but it is not uncommon see opponents with 1 or 2 captains with skills of 11 or higher. Drex/Nagaren are great but it also helps to have that extra insurance on defense. Having only one defense die naturally and very little quality to being cloaked has hurt Klingons since we started seeing high attack numbers with quality around the time of the Borg release. It is fairly easy to see an Enterprise A with 7-8 quality dice shooting before a Klingon.

With T'Greth and Admiral Gowron in the same fleet Klingons will have a defensive boost that they have been lacking for a while. Before these two came out Klingons only access to BS was from 5 point discards, one of which was only available in an expensive prize pack. Martok 8 and Gowron also allow you to use Drex/Nagaren along with a BS.

Klingons have s decent amount of green on their dials so the Aux can be mitigated. They also have a few cards that allow for extra movement so you will not always be predictable.

I'm not saying Drex/Nagaren are going to be left in the box, but being able to have consistent BS on two different ships in a Klingon fleet is going to be big for them. Well for those of us who like faction pure anyway, the Picard/Dukat Vor'Cha combo has remained a decent build in unrestricted play.

Thanks for this great explanation! I am currently trying to learn the Klingon faction pure ropes, so this is extremely useful information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.