Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like things are getting worse in New Angeles...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/

There's a new, frustrating current...

Some new programs for the Shaper faction...

And finally, perhaps, Weyland gets some useful advancable ICE with support...

I continue to be impressed with Damon's choices during the Flashpoint cycle

[Edit: added graphics]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speculation on Reaver? "The first time each turn you trash an installed card...?" Draw a card, maybe? I enjoy playing Apex and Adam, so I'm curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flavor-wise, this data pack seems like an organic extension of the upcoming New Angeles boardgame. I hope Damon continues to mine the lore documented in sources like The Worlds of Android for data pack storylines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why oh why this weird template/ruling on "is about to" hasn't been used here?! I would love to use Mr Rose's adv. tokens to rez Orion (or any other Space ICE), but I doubt I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
Flavor-wise, this data pack seems like an organic extension of the upcoming New Angeles boardgame. I hope Damon continues to mine the lore documented in sources like The Worlds of Android for data pack storylines.
Damon actually created the 23 seconds incident himself and it was used for the basis of the Mainframe board game (which is itself a representation of the 23s incident)

i imagine New Angeles similarly took note of Damon's story

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Equivocation:

After revealing the top card you see it's something nasty so you make the core draw it, then you get your regular access, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Equivocation:

After revealing the top card you see it's something nasty so you make the core draw it, then you get your regular access, right?

yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Equivocation:

Nasty, or you see that it isn't an agenda and make him or her draw it as well.

edit edit: nope, I was wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
umchoyka wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:
Equivocation:

not sure about your edit. you're not wrong.

Equivocation triggers as soon as the run is successful, before access

you reveal the card then choose whether or not you force the corp to draw it.

if they draw it, you access the next card instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ikex wrote:
Why oh why this weird template/ruling on "is about to" hasn't been used here?! I would love to use Mr Rose's adv. tokens to rez Orion (or any other Space ICE), but I doubt I can.

Why wouldn't you be able to? I see two effects happening simultaneously - the rezzing and the asset's trigger condition. I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a Woodcutter with 3 subs, or a strong Tyrant.

None of that is as useful as throwing over a Wormhole from unadvanced to free in the space of a turn.

I think he is a must-kill asset when he shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrantZilla1979 wrote:
ikex wrote:

Why wouldn't you be able to? I see two effects happening simultaneously - the rezzing and the asset's trigger condition. I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a Woodcutter with 3 subs, or a strong Tyrant.

None of that is as useful as throwing over a Wormhole from unadvanced to free in the space of a turn.

you can use it for Woodcutter and Tyrant, the only advanceable while rezzed ICE, and other advanceable ICE like Ice Wall and Fire Wall, but ikex is talking about the ICE that lower their rez cost by 3 for every advancement on it.

by the time Anson triggers, you've already paid the rez cost, so he does not interact with the advanceable space ICE (Astroid Belt, Wormhole, Orion, and Nebula)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
GrantZilla1979 wrote:
ikex wrote:

Pad Factory + Mumbad Construction made me try out Woodcutter and Tyrant (wood cutter can kill but only if the runner doesn't see your trap). Maybe this Rose guy will make me attempt that again (also, new Weyland ID is a must!)

EDIT: Good to remember that the ice doesn't have to be advanceable for rose to put advancement counters on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
umchoyka wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:
Equivocation:

not sure about your edit. you're not wrong.

Equivocation triggers as soon as the run is successful, before access

you reveal the card then choose whether or not you force the corp to draw it.

if they draw it, you access the next card instead.

Oh, right I guess that is confusing. I had originally edited in to say "and it's not unique", except that it is, then I second-edited it out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
umchoyka wrote:

Oh, right I guess that is confusing. I had originally edited in to say "and it's not unique", except that it is, then I second-edited it out again.
lol fair enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.