Popular Tags: [View All]
Royce Banuelos
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Looks like we've got an interesting transmission coming our way...seems as though some rogue traders are a little in over their heads ha ha."

The transmission is a bit digitized but the message is clear, there is some rare cargo in store for your crew if you can help repair the rogue ship's life support systems.

Seems easy enough...

"Alright! So where's the goods?"

"In the cargo bay, we've got plenty but you can have 4...which will easily trade you a years worth of fuel and supplies. Come on board and I'll show you." the rogue trader says.

Just as you get a roundabout loaded a loud BOOM! is heard and a giant crash! Seems as though you've got some hot merchandise! Oh SH*T!

"Well gang, no time to lose. Let's get a move on it before we all return to space dust!"

TWO PLAYER/SOLO RULES:

Instead of drawing a DR card every 3 minutes you will draw one every 4 minutes. There will be a total of 11 DR cards including the Game Over card at the bottom. If solo gaming you will control both characters.

You will also take 10% less damage when resolving DR cards. If a card says 10% keep it 10%, if it says 0% keep it at 0%.

Recommended Crew:

Mark, Kelly and/or Baxter

SET UP:

There are 2 ships being used, one is your main ship and the other is the rogue trader. These pictures will show how to set these up.

THE MAIN SHIP:

Life Support with Shields, both start at normal percentages.

Infirmary is under Shields surrounded by all resource types. Feel free to rearrange them as you see fit.

To the right of Infirmary is the Hangar Deck. Place 1 roundabout on to the Launch section and 2 others in the Ready section. You will be using the roundabouts to access the 2nd ship. When a roundabout reaches the target section you will immediately move it next to the Airlock room for the second ship.

When you exit the second ship and move onto a roundabout you may go directly to the section after the target spot on the Hangar Deck.

Rogue Ship:

Turn the Airlock room over and place 1 of each tool there. Next to the Airlock will be the Life Support room for the second ship. Life Support begins at 30%. Players will do Inspects and Repairs as normal. Under the Life Support place 3 corridors (they do not have to be these BUT remember to include whichever corridors you use as apart of your DR deck).

Under the 3 corridors there is the Cargo Bay. Have 2 people face and 12 cargo face pieces. The Cargo Bay will start at 80%. When the Cargo Bay takes damage remove from the cargo before removing any of the 2 people.

WINNING THE GAME:

Player win if both of these conditions are true:

1: The rogue ship is at 60% or better life support (yellow or better)

and

2: There are 4 cargo pieces somewhere on your main ship.

LOSING THE GAME:

1: Ship Hull reaches 0%

2: Game Over card is revealed

3: 2 people in the rogue ship are discarded (very unlikely to happen)

SPECIAL RULES:

Because of your proximity to the rogue ship you can take an inspect action from one Life Support room and another. So if you're in the Life Support room of the main ship you may take an Inspect action to flip over a card in the Rogue ship's Life Support room. This way you know what materials you need before having to go inside the rogue ship.

Damage Report Deck:

I tend to mix up my deck from game to game, favoring a more random set up but feel free to choose specific cards.

In this case I grabbed all cards that affected the corridors I was using, 10 more at random and then 3 "action/text" based ones as well. I shuffled all of these and then drew 10 randomly.

If you want to use my exact cards from playtesting. These are the one's I used.

Personal thought on this scenario:

I first thought it would be way too hard but after 3 plays I have 1 win and 2 losses with one of those losses being way too close! What happened was I had the 4th cargo pieces I needed in the roundabout on it's way to the ship (would have won) but drew a DR card that blew up that roundabout. I had to discard the cargo and take injuries. This was the last 4 minutes of the game and there was nothing I could do to get back and grab another piece of cargo...

Let me know what you think and if you have any success/failures along the way.

Royce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"Looks like we've got an interesting transmission coming our way...seems as though some rouge traders are a little in over their heads ha ha."

It that a renegade rogue trader, or a rouge trader that specializes in reddish cosmetics? Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Banuelos
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha! Good call...I'll edit the post. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Barbieri
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Break From Reality Games
badge
Where's the duct tape?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
This scenario looks awesome! I like how you modified the hangar deck to board the other ship. It's similar to some ideas I had for expansions as well. I also like the special rule of analyzing the other ship's life support system remotely. A remote inspect option is something I never thought of before, but it totally makes sense!

I have some scaling stuff in the works that may help with solo variants - I will be testing it some more this Saturday. If it works as well as it has been from my preliminary testing, it would allow you to create scenarios like this (i.e. for smaller crews) without having to alter the timer from the 3 minute intervals that are programmed into it. Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Banuelos
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I keep coming up with different scenarios and want to try the 3 minute set up again. I would love to playtest if you have some fun scenarios! I actually want to make a few rooms myself ha ha.

It's a game system in a box so I love the possibilities. I really like the idea of multiple ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.