$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Escape Plan Tactic card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card is confusing to me.

Ground Card: "During this combat round, your units can retreat ignoring transport restrictions. (requires a special)

Can I play this card if I don't have a leader involved in this battle (I drew it with a special) (I think its only fair that you can)
If so, could I have retreated earlier in the battle with my space units and now retreat again with my ground units? (not sure)
Would I need a second leader for the second retreat?

I need to play this card during my ground battle step, so if I was the attacker the defender knows I am going to retreat and he can't stop me? this is weird

If the other player played a No retreat card, does it block this one?

This is a confusing card, please help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
Similar to move effect cards, assume that all "normal" restrictions apply unless the card exempts you from them.
Therefore:
- You do not need transports, as the text says
- You DO need a leader
- If retreat is blocked as a whole (having Death Star, Piett AC, that other tactic), you still can't retreat
- etc

That said, if you DO have 2 leaders, I think you could retreat twice, yes. First leader takes all space out with a "normal" retreat, then second leader uses this to take out the ground. (Presumably over 2 combat rounds since there's only 1 retreat step where you retreat or don't, but not twice)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
You would still need a leader. The only thing the card changes are the transport restrictions for ground units or TIE's.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
Weltenreiter wrote:
Similar to move effect cards, assume that all "normal" restrictions apply unless the card exempts you from them.
Therefore:
- You do not need transports, as the text says
- You DO need a leader
- If retreat is blocked as a whole (having Death Star, Piett AC, that other tactic), you still can't retreat
- etc

That said, if you DO have 2 leaders, I think you could retreat twice, yes. First leader takes all space out with a "normal" retreat, then second leader uses this to take out the ground. (Presumably over 2 combat rounds since there's only 1 retreat step where you retreat or don't, but not twice)


I don't think so. From the Rules Reference:

Quote:
Each player can only retreat from each combat once, even if he
has multiple leaders in the system.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
demoss1 wrote:
Each player can only retreat from each combat once, even if he has multiple leaders in the system.

Ah thanks, that covers that speculation then.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
I agree that you cannot use it to retreat a second time.

Also, No Retreat does block it. The Golden Rules section at the front of the RRG mentions that 'cannot' trumps 'can'.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
Thank you all for all your good answers.

So drawing this card when you don't have a leader is just terrible, not cool.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
jooice wrote:
So drawing this card when you don't have a leader is just terrible, not cool.


Indeed. But thematically, a force without a leader couldn't see and exploit all the strategic opportunities presented to them, so it kind of makes sense
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
From the title of this thread (escape plane), I expected it to be about a different game - maybe an Indiana Jones-type game like Fortune & Glory!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
Likes: Mountains, Tundra Turn-offs: Serpents, Marsh
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
spartax wrote:
From the title of this thread (escape plane), I expected it to be about a different game - maybe an Indiana Jones-type game like Fortune & Glory!


To the escape plane!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape Plane Tactic card
stephenhope wrote:
spartax wrote:
From the title of this thread (escape plane), I expected it to be about a different game - maybe an Indiana Jones-type game like Fortune & Glory!


To the escape plane!


Funny thing is I just clicked on the thread and noticed the typo before reading your posts.
Thanks for pointing it out, lets see if I can find how to change it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Thank you all for all your good answers.

So drawing this card when you don't have a leader is just terrible, not cool.


It can also be amazing for the rebels. Especially in combo with things like Local Support and Incite rebellion. Often those cards are just wasted in a fight you can't win.

But yeah most of the time the card is not very helpful. But the asymmetry in the helpfulness of the cards is part of what makes combat so fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.