Legendary Encounters: A Firefly Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mal's Talant - SOLO rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Fetter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
I did not see this addressed in the rule book or the forum.

Mal's Talent wrote:
Draw a card. Activate -> Choose two different players to each draw a card. Defeat this talent.

When playing SOLO (with only 1 player) should I take this to mean:
1) the talent is useless and does nothing (other than the initial card draw).
2) Draw 1 Card for the activate ability. (As the rules state that if the phrase "next player" is used but there is only 1 player left or playing solo, it refers to the remaining/solo player.
3) Draw 2 cards for the activate ability.

Honestly, not really sure which way to go with this, even if I have to house rule it. My literal translation of the text says to go with option 1, but then Mal becomes useless and even a burden to play Solo.

EDIT: The same can also be asked of Book's "The Ambassador" which states:
The Ambassador wrote:
Activate -> If Book is a main character, choose any two players to each draw a card."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it says two different players, it doesn't mean two different players to Mal, it means two different players to each other. Mal can totally choose himself as one of those players. When playing solo, there's nobody else to pick, though.

The same goes for The Ambassador. One of the chosen players can be yourself. There are no other players to choose for the second card, though. You still perform as much as you can of the ability, so you do get an extra card out of it.

If a card or ability wants to avoid the current player from using it, it will use the word 'other'. For example, the effect would be to 'choose two other players'. You'll note that several of Simon's healing cards use this, but then also contain a side-note that a solo player can choose to use it on themself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fetter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.