Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain this guy's ability to me? He says I can store a token on him as active player. Can this be multiple tokens each turn. Then I can replace used tokens. Can I use these whenever and always keep those tokens on him discard pile willing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game in front of me. Could you quote the exact text on the card please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verzano's ability is:

Quote:
Active Player: You may store one Grunt, Good, or Gold token on this card. When you use this token, you may take one matching token from the discard pool.

The most important rule is that each card's ability can only be used once per turn. (See Card Abilities on page 7.)

So, one turn, you place one resource token on Verzano's card. It can only hold one token. On a later turn, you can use that token and then you may take one identical token from the discards (the matching token has to be in the discard pool for you to take it). It also doesn't work on double resource tokens.

There is also an entry on page 18 about his ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
Verzano's ability is:

Quote:
Active Player: You may store one Grunt, Good, or Gold token on this card. When you use this token, you may take one matching token from the discard pool.

The most important rule is that each card's ability can only be used once per turn. (See Card Abilities on page 7.)

So, one turn, you place one resource token on Verzano's card. It can only hold one token. On a later turn, you can use that token and then you may take one identical token from the discards (the matching token has to be in the discard pool for you to take it). It also doesn't work on double resource tokens.

There is also an entry on page 18 about his ability.

Old post but see if anyone has answer. Can you spend that token during any build phase? And if yes do you get a copy of token spent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an active player ability, so you can only use it on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
It's an active player ability, so you can only use it on your turn.

Ok so you can't spend that token on any build phase, has to be your own. And if he is destroyed the token is returned to discard pile?

Thanks for the help. Good game just what to clarify the small things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!

Thank you for asking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.