Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heya everyone!

For those of you who have played with the original rules and the updated (1.4/2.0 depending on where you look on the page). Do the new rules makes this a worthy game for engine building? I heard the original rules were somewhat of a luck-fest but the mechanical premise in this game make it look amazing, so I'm hoping they fixed it :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
epinema wrote:
Heya everyone!

For those of you who have played with the original rules and the updated (1.4/2.0 depending on where you look on the page). Do the new rules makes this a worthy game for engine building? I heard the original rules were somewhat of a luck-fest but the mechanical premise in this game make it look amazing, so I'm hoping they fixed it :-)

I don't know how deep and strategic you prefer your games. OMG is still on the lighter end but - considering its form factor - offering nice depth and replayability.

We have played both, old a new rules. We are now only playing by the new rules as they allow you more flexibility. You are not trapped as fast as in the original games if you have a hand of cards that doesn't help you much. I wouldn't say the new rules add more strategy, they just improve the overall flow of the game. And because you can make better use of your production chains in v2, you don't feel like you have missed a chance (what cold have happened in v1).

Edit: I have to add that: In my eyes OMG is a great game and worth having it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that if you thought the old rules were broken and needed "fixing", the new rule tweaks probably won't be enough. If you thought the old game was a bit flat, a bit random, and/or lacking in the production chaining, the new rules might be enough to move the game from your trade pile back onto your shelf (and table).

In my view, the rule tweaks are a nice improvement, substantial but not earth-shattering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Love the premise, I just heard that with the old rules the only real strategy was to go for the cheap buildings and the quick win but I like the idea of comboing. Not really a Euro gamer so I'm not into heavy resource management but I don't like super random either. Good strategy without a huge amount of rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the new rules included in newer copy's ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spagetti69 wrote:
Are the new rules included in newer copy's ?

Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cassidy
Canada
West Kelowna
British Columbia (BC)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they available for download in English?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.