Hide
5 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activation Token Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Giant Inconvenience of Planet X
msg tools
Can you place a activation token in a hex that has an enemy token? I could not find anything in the rules saying you couldn't. Also the rules say you can not move out of a hex with one of your activation tokens. So that means I can still move new units into the hex, just not out of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can have multiple activation tokens in an area as long as each token belongs to a different faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:
Can you place a activation token in a hex that has an enemy token? I could not find anything in the rules saying you couldn't.

As Budgernaut says, only YOUR activation tokens affect your units' ability to move or to activate areas. So you can activate an area with an enemy token.

Quote:
Also the rules say you can not move out of a hex with one of your activation tokens. So that means I can still move new units into the hex, just not out of it?

You cannot activate an area that has one of your own tokens already, so you wouldn't be able to use Mobilize or Conquer to move units into a hex with a previous activation token. However, you could use Strategize to move into a hex with your activation token (but could not move units that started in such areas out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
EDIT - Scot is to fast for me!

GasPumpGirl wrote:
Also the rules say you can not move out of a hex with one of your activation tokens. So that means I can still move new units into the hex, just not out of it?

You can move INTO a hex that has a activation token with the "Strategize" order card which allows you to move into uncontested zones. You can only not move OUT of one.

There is an acceptation (kinda)

You can move "through" a zone with a activation token. So as your units move across the board, they can pass over uncontested hexes that have activation tokens in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
You can move "through" a zone with a activation token. So as your units move across the board, they can pass over uncontested hexes that have activation tokens in them.

This is an important clarification and addition to my post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.